I’m relocating to Canberra around January 2017 with my husband (we are both in our 20s). He will work in the Russell Offices area. We are still searching for the best suburb for renting.
We are looking for a place that:
- will cost max $350 per week (can slightly go higher if the place rightly fits)
- is very close to shopping malls (walking distance if possible) as we will only have one car and my husband will use that to commute to/from work
- has got gym facilities/walking distance to local gym
- is close to bus stops to get to the city
- is not really in the sticks, LOL
I’ve been eyeballing at Belconnen, Woden and Gungahlin as they have big Shopping Centres. I understand for my budget it’s almost impossible to live in the Civic area. Coming from Jakarta with the most awful traffic congestion, we are not really that concerned about driving 20 mins to get to the city/work. So, do you have any recommendations?