August 16 shaping up as the day of darkness at Parliament House

johnboy 15 July 2011 160

Earlier in the week we were disturbed that the kings of Sydney talkback radio, Alan Jones, Ray Hadley, and Chris Smith, were coming to Canberra to broadcast from the lawns of Parliament House.

We gather that’s for some sort of anti carbon tax rally.

But now the Sydney gay media is noting that there’s going to be a gay hate march converging on our fair city that same day:

A collection of gay hate groups will join forces to rally against marriage equality in Canberra next month.

An initiative of the Australian Family Association, the National Marriage Coalition, the Australian Christian Lobby (ACL) and Dads4Kids: Fatherhood Foundation, the coalition is aiming for a repeat of its 2004 rally which coincided with the Howard Government’s changes to the Marriage Act.

The groups will meet in Parliament House’s Great Hall on August 16.

The ‘National Marriage Day’ is being advertised by the group as being the first day of sitting for the new Senate in which the Greens hold the balance of power, despite the new Senate having already sat this month.
“You are needed in Canberra to show support for natural marriage and warn all politicians,” its call to action on the ACL website reads.

Is it time for Canberra to get it’s freak on?

UPDATE: Thanks to the readers who’ve pointed out Radio National reporting that the unholy trinity are scared to face the people of Canberra.

160 Responses to August 16 shaping up as the day of darkness at Parliament House
Postalgeek Postalgeek 2:51 pm 15 Jul 11

dpm said :

colourful sydney racing identity said :

I say we take off and nuke the site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure.

I love how this quote is used about 5 times a week in various threads. In fact, with minimal effort, i’m sure a version of it could be used as a reply in ANY thread! 😛

Consider it Riotact punctuation. Nuke from orbit is the equivalent of a full stop. Reptoids is a question mark, and Mully is an exclamation mark.

Lazy wit? Yes, but obligatory.

colourful sydney racing identity colourful sydney racing identity 4:01 pm 15 Jul 11

Postalgeek said :

dpm said :

colourful sydney racing identity said :

I say we take off and nuke the site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure.

Lazy wit? Yes, but obligatory.

Punctuation [reptoids] Brilliant [Mully]

p1 p1 5:00 pm 15 Jul 11

Postalgeek said :

Any thread that can’t be solved with a [nuke from orbit] can surely be finished with [if only there was more speed cameras][Mully].

A Noisy Noise Annoys An Oyster A Noisy Noise Annoys An Oyster 5:06 pm 15 Jul 11

amarooresident3 said :

johnboy said :

source?

Here

Come off it! Do you believe anything the ABC says? I heard it from the horse’s mouth this morning, namely Chris Smith. He’s coming, Alan Jones probably won’t due to ill health and prior commitments and Ray Hadley is pencilled in.

The ABC is in competition with 2GB so it is truly astonishing, not only that anybody could take their “news” (left wing/green propaganda) seriously in the first place, but that someone would post a link onto what is supposed to be a serious and credible news site where the ABC tries to diss quality radio presenters.

Watson Watson 6:02 pm 15 Jul 11

A Noisy Noise Annoys An Oyster said :

I cannot decide which part of that sentence I found the funniest [triple mully]

GottaLoveCanberra GottaLoveCanberra 6:03 pm 15 Jul 11

As long as the protest peacefully then I have no problem with this gathering, after all it is only fair they get to share their concerns too.

LSWCHP LSWCHP 6:29 pm 15 Jul 11

I’m starting to feel like I’ll be disappointed if these mongrels don’t make an appearance. I’m looking forward to baring my breasts and screaming at them. Or, if not that, then some other method of protest.

The Frots The Frots 6:52 pm 15 Jul 11

LSWCHP said :

If your not a female – then we’re in trouble!

LSWCHP LSWCHP 8:51 pm 15 Jul 11

The Frots said :

LSWCHP said :

If your not a female – then we’re in trouble!

Yep, we’re in trouble. But according to a recent post by Skidbladnir, this is the way that women protest in Zimbabwe, and…uh…well…I’m just looking forward to starting a bit of a multicultural social trend. Hopefully the breast baring and screaming gig will then cross the gender divide and social activism will reach a new peak of activity in Canberra, to the delight of all.

The Frots The Frots 11:52 pm 15 Jul 11

LSWCHP said :

The Frots said :

LSWCHP said :

If your not a female – then we’re in trouble!

Cool……………………I understand. You realise of course that if you do that you run the high risk of becoming an ‘Icon’ with a swarm of admirers?

Still, the risk you run – people are only human after all………………………….(chuckle, snort).

Let me know if it’s on. I’ll come and while I’ll probably have some nice, warm jacket hiding the man boobs, I’ll be sure to wear the Borat just as ‘support’ for you!!

vg vg 1:09 pm 16 Jul 11

Funny how they must be ‘gay haters’ because they object to same sex marriage.

Like saying someone is a ‘car hater’ because they object to a road or they ‘hate’ Labor voters because they vote Liberal

Classified Classified 4:11 pm 16 Jul 11

vg said :

Funny how they must be ‘gay haters’ because they object to same sex marriage.

Didn’t you get the memo? Anyone who disagrees with a lefty ideal must be a hater ot a bigot. Impossible that they could have a different opinion.

Jethro Jethro 8:27 pm 16 Jul 11

vg said :

Funny how they must be ‘gay haters’ because they object to same sex marriage.

What other emotion is inspiring them to fight to deny other people a basic right the rest of us enjoy?

haroldbeagle haroldbeagle 9:12 pm 16 Jul 11

>>”I’d love to take a cricket bat to the whole lot.”

>>”this provides some sort of opportunity to, er, “solve” the problem”

>>”I say we take off and nuke the site from orbit”

>>”I am now having fantasies of floats being converted into heavily armed tanks and mowing the lot of them down”

Sorry, but who are the haters?

LSWCHP LSWCHP 9:54 pm 16 Jul 11

The Frots said :

LSWCHP said :

The Frots said :

LSWCHP said :

If your not a female – then we’re in trouble!

My understanding is that I’m already an icon with a swarm of admirers. Baring my breasts (such as they are) and screaming (obscenities, of course) at Alan Jones will just increase the size of my, umm, icon, and add to the number of admirers.

Feel free to join me if they are game enough to show up, with or without Borat. 🙂

Sir_Orangepeel Sir_Orangepeel 11:42 pm 16 Jul 11

vg said :

Funny how they must be ‘gay haters’ because they object to same sex marriage.

Thank you, vg, for a sensible contribution.

Hdopler Hdopler 1:11 pm 10 Aug 11

How is this a ‘day of darkness’? citizens are utilising their democratic rights to voice their point of view; i.e freedom of political expression. Also, I utterly disagree that the group organising the national marriage day is a “gay hate group”. How does opposing gay marriage suddenly become the same as being anti-gay?

I / we may disagree with what they say but I will defend their right to say it until death!

Stevian Stevian 1:23 pm 10 Aug 11

Hdopler said :

They can say what they like. They are still a blight where ever they are

Classified Classified 1:29 pm 10 Aug 11

haroldbeagle said :

>>”I’d love to take a cricket bat to the whole lot.”

>>”this provides some sort of opportunity to, er, “solve” the problem”

>>”I say we take off and nuke the site from orbit”

Sorry, but who are the haters?

Probably people who said or wrote those things. But do you think all people who oppose gay marriage believe these things, or support this?

Erg0 Erg0 1:41 pm 10 Aug 11

Hdopler said :

How does opposing gay marriage suddenly become the same as being anti-gay?

Here’s a thought experiment for you – complete this sentence with a statement that is neither directly or indirectly derogatory to gay people:

“I oppose gay marriage because…”

Region Group Pty Ltd