Health staff and volunteers in Crookwell have been recognised for decades of service, including some who have given more than 40 years to the community.
At a ceremony on Tuesday (24 July), Member for Goulburn Pru Goward presented 22 Crookwell Health Service staff and volunteers with awards – and a Bryant’s Bakery cake to celebrate.
Dr Ramaswamy Thangavelu and Enrolled Nurse Colleen Picker were also awarded the Premier’s Service Medal for their more than 40 years’ service to the community.
Ms Goward said the staff and volunteers recognised, represented over 500 years of service to the Crookwell community.
“We have been blessed by their dedication and may Crookwell Health Service continue to care for the sick and vulnerable for many years to come,” she said.
“Congratulations to all of the Crookwell Health Staff and volunteers who have served so many years to the community. I look forward to seeing even more staff and volunteers recognised for their dedication in the future.”
Senior Nurse Manager Mona Timo said the staff and volunteers had always shown impressive dedication to all aspects of their roles and she was pleased to see the Crookwell Health Service’s gratitude.
The awards were presented to:
- Ian McFaul – Volunteer Hospital Gardens – 17 years
- Jennifer Croker – Volunteer Wellness Centre – 17 years
- Dr Ramaswamy Thangavelu – 40+ years, awarded the Premier’s Service medal
- Colleen Picker – Enrolled Nurse – 40+ years, awarded the Premier’s Service medal
- Max McDonald – Maintenance – 40 years
- Natalie Hewitt – Enrolled Nurse – 35 years
- Serina Lynch – Clinical Nurse Specialis ED / Acting Clinical Nurse Educator – 35 years
- Kathy Clements – Enrolled Nurse – 30 years
- Elaine Sharman – Enrolled Nurse – 30 years
- Carol Garbutt – Enrolled Nurse – 30 years
- Jillian Tamsett – Registered Nurse – 25 years
- Beryl Croker – Administration Officer – 25 years
- Lesley Hills – Administration Officer – 20 years
- Denise Kennedy – Health Share Services – 20 years
- Melissa Heenan – Enrolled Nurse – 20 years
- Linda Stephenson – Enrolled Nurse – 20 years
- Mim Binder – Health Share Catering – 15 years
- Janene Greenwood – Health Share Services Supervisor – 15 years
- Donna Skelly – Clinical Nurse Specialist – 15 years
- Liz Ikin – Community Health Registered Nurse – 10 years
- Chris Besley – Admin Officer – 10 years
- Chris Brennan – Registered Nurse – 10 years
- Karen Price – Health Share Catering and Domestic Services – 10 years