Lifestyle

We mean business
Contact us today to get results

Belco Plagued With Crap to Dine On?

By Ex Warrior - 20 December 2011 59

We took some visitors from Sydney to dinner last night firstly to Jammo Wests where we we’re denied entry as we had rubber thongs on.

Needless to say the previous day we’d been to many places in Sydney in the same thongs but no, not allowed in the pokie palace at

Jammo. Next was an old favourite at Kaleen. More disappointment and marked never to return. Service and waiting times were horrendous.

Is there any decent places to eat in Belco that isn’t Chinese? Suggestions please

What’s Your opinion?

59 Responses to
Belco Plagued With Crap to Dine On?
Showing only Website comments
Newest to Oldest
Oldest to Newst
Mothy 11:48 am 21 Dec 11

Who gives two s***s what you wear on your feet, the color of your money is the same as everyone else’s.

Recommendations in the Belconnen Area:

* Ellacure – damn fine sticky date w. Caramel goop – yes, that’s it in the bottom of that Apartment complex – 2/21 Battye Street Bruce ACT 2617 (02)6251 0990 http://www.ellacure.com.au/

* Turkish Pide House, 2 Lawry Place, Macquarie ACT 2614 – (02) 6251 3325

* Rocksalt – 4/78 Hawker Place, Hawker Shops, Canberra 2614 – phone (02) 6254 7865 – A damn fine weekend breakfast.

EvanJames 11:20 am 21 Dec 11

Stop watching feet you lot! You’ve been told.

poetix 11:01 am 21 Dec 11

Thumper said :

Ex Warrior said :

Oh dear get me back to Sydney!
Clearly the image that interstate visitors have of Canberra & Canberrans is close to correct.
What a bunch of dressed up, feet watching, assumption making do gooders.
As for big Thumper ya best start with reading before opening the trap fella, the restaurant let us in ya spud, it was the pokie parlour that got us and as for ginger pubes mick I was with my family mate, kind of an early Christmas where we wanted a simply meal that wouldn%u2019t cost too much.
Anyway get ya heads up people, up with the eagles not down with the thongs. A pair of shoes has made me all self conscious, feeling in superior to you self made people assesses.
Now im off to put my shoes and long socks on to go to the kitchen for spam on toast.

Did Lewis Carroll write this?

Almost nonsensical.

I think it’s more stream of semi-consciousness.
Lewis Carroll always used beautiful English, even when writing nonsense.
Have to go now, I need to watch some feet. Mmm, feet…

shirty_bear 10:27 am 21 Dec 11

What an odd thread. Pretty much peaked with this masterpiece of literary inspiration, though …

Ex Warrior said :

Surely he means Roman sandals and knee-highs? Ironically, no-one’s being turned away at the door for making that fashion statement.
(Full disclosure: I had a science teacher at high school who dressed in this manner. We called him “moon boots”.)

Mysteryman 10:15 am 21 Dec 11

Postalgeek said :

Maybe save up some cash and splash out on a nice formal set of Crocs.

Bahahaha! Love it.

Mysteryman 10:15 am 21 Dec 11

I find it amusing that the OP considers eating at clubs to be good dining.

Muttsybignuts 10:02 am 21 Dec 11

Ex Warrior said :

Oh dear get me back to Sydney!.

Is Mt Druitt really Sydney?

pajs 10:02 am 21 Dec 11

Excellent trolling, piss-take of a post, Ex Warrior. Clearly a wind up for sensitive rioters.

Thong on.

NoImRight 9:10 am 21 Dec 11

“do gooders”? Not much of a rant, feeling very let down.

Postalgeek 9:07 am 21 Dec 11

Maybe save up some cash and splash out on a nice formal set of Crocs.

Ex Warrior said :

Oh dear get me back to Sydney!

Bye.

When you get back, perhaps you can pop into Rockpool for a bite – make sure you polish your thongs first though.

Thumper 8:19 am 21 Dec 11

Ex Warrior said :

Oh dear get me back to Sydney!
What a bunch of dressed up, feet watching, assumption making do gooders.
As for big Thumper ya best start with reading before opening the trap fella, the restaurant let us in ya spud, it was the pokie parlour that got us and as for ginger pubes mick I was with my family mate, kind of an early Christmas where we wanted a simply meal that wouldn’t cost too much.

Did Lewis Carroll write this?

Almost nonsensical.

golden_youth 8:12 am 21 Dec 11

Ex Warrior said :

Oh dear get me back to Sydney!
What a bunch of dressed up, feet watching, assumption making do gooders.

I am with ExWarrior on this! Whats the harm in going in for a meal while wearing thongs? It’s not like I am jamming my feet in your plate of salad 🙂 It’s only a casual meal! I’ve been caught out plenty of times where I have been out and about with friends, and decide to go and eat, but then get denied because of inappropriate footwear! I say allow thongs in all establishments! It is Australia after all. /rant.

chewy14 7:52 am 21 Dec 11

Surely Ex Warrior is trolling?
Most clubs in Sydney won’t let you in if you’re wearing thongs at night either.
And upmarket restaurants there definitely won’t.

Should have just taken them to Subway.

2600 7:12 am 21 Dec 11

Ex Warrior said :

Oh dear get me back to Sydney!
What a bunch of dressed up, feet watching, assumption making do gooders.

This is why we need better border security. Forget about stopping the boats – stop the cars!

BimboGeek 1:13 am 21 Dec 11

Just go to a cafe or something. The staff are used to bums sitting next to churchgoers so anything goes and you basically have to be naked to get kicked out, and even then the hotties have a good chance of a quick schnitzel first.

Henry82 12:29 am 21 Dec 11

lol, you want a “good” place to eat, but you want to wear thongs to dinner?

McDonalds

curlylocks 12:01 am 21 Dec 11

Ex Warrior said :

Oh dear get me back to Sydney!
What a bunch of dressed up, feet watching, assumption making do gooders.

Well off you go back to Sydney with your thongs and Spam on toast then………..

EvanJames 11:51 pm 20 Dec 11

“feet watching”. That is easily the most excellent insult levelled at Canberrans yet.

Ex Warrior 11:27 pm 20 Dec 11

RugbyWhat said :

patrick_keogh said :

Lots…

Sanur’s (Indonesian)
Rock Salt (Modern Australian)
Mork’s (Thai)
Green Herring (well not strictly Belco but close enough)
Bella Vista (Italian)
Ellacure (Modern Australian/European)

Enough to get started?

+1 especially Ellacure and Rock Salt.

And the odds are thongs are ok because its not the upmarket, well dressed pokie playing fleas keepin the till ringing over