Skip to content Skip to main navigation

News

Get a new bike from $50 per week

Belconnen fire fighter released from hospital

By johnboy 19 February 2013

The ACT Fire & Rescue firefighter who suffered superficial burns in last nights flat fire in Belconnen has been released from hospital.

The personal protective equipment (PPE) worn by the firefighter prevented any serious injury following the flashover, with steam burns to the male firefighters left hand.

A flash over can occur when there is a build up of volatile gases in an enclosed area, there is often little warning that this is about to occur.

11:06 AM

[Courtesy ESA]


What’s Your opinion?


Please login to post your comments, or connect with

CBR Tweets

Sign up to our newsletter

Top
Copyright © 2019 Region Group Pty Ltd. All rights reserved.
the-riotact.com | aboutregional.com.au | b2bmagazine.com.au | thisiscanberra.com

Search across the site