While ageing is inevitable, looking old isn’t. Cosmetic procedures are becoming increasingly popular, especially as they become more affordable and accessible. More women and men are choosing Botox, or anti-wrinkle injections, to make skin youthful looking.
Botox is a cosmetic injectable. It can smooth lines and wrinkles, balance the face’s composition, and prevent the signs of ageing.
If you’re looking to have Botox, you’ll understand the importance of choosing a qualified and trained health professional, who is experienced and injects safely. In Australia, doctors and registered nurses can inject Botox once they’re completed appropriate training.
In this article, we’ll outline the qualities to consider when choosing a Botox specialist, and share where to find the best in Canberra.
What makes a great Botox specialist?
If you’re new to Botox, choosing a specialist can be daunting. It’s your face, after all, and you’ll only want the very best.
It can be helpful to keep the following in mind when choosing a Botox specialist.
- Experienced and qualified. Only choose a trained medical professional who uses the correct technique for your Botox treatments. Check how many years of experience they have with Botox treatments. You’ll also want to be sure your chosen specialist has worked on a wide range of face types, in order to be comfortable that they will know what injections will suit your face – and that comes with years of experience!
- Clean treatment rooms. Botox is a non-surgical cosmetic procedure that involves needles. You won’t want to risk your health and wellbeing by being treated in an unclean clinic.
- Before and after gallery. When it comes to Botox, results speak a thousand words. Scroll through the clinic’s social media accounts or websites to check the results they’ve achieved. If they don’t have a before and after gallery, be wary.
- Latest Botox innovations. Botox technologies continually evolve. Look for a clinic that’s up-to-date and operates at best practice with the latest innovations. This will give you confidence you’ll get the results you want.
- Well-priced. While Botox is more affordable than ever, prices vary. Research costs online (or by phoning) for market rates. Remember that sometimes you only get what you pay for.
The best Botox specialists in Canberra
RiotACT’s editorial team has combed through 20 years of on-site comments to compile a list of the most recommended businesses according to you.
To be listed in our Best of Canberra series, each business needs to have consistently received positive feedback on RiotACT and Facebook as well as maintaining a minimum average of 4/5 stars on Google.
The dedicated team behind Canberra Plastic Surgery believes that there is a skin solution for people at every stage of life – from those in their 20s to those in their 60s and beyond. Botox and other injectables are one such treatment. Offering a versatile, top-quality range of procedures, Canberra Plastic Surgery is yet another top spot for safe, effective, confidence-boosting Botox.
Envie Skin is owned by Dr Shilpa Dahal, who is passionate about aesthetic medicine and skin cancer. The clinic believes that the right treatment is vital in achieving personal beauty goals. Anti-wrinkle injections relax muscles, preventing skin from creasing and causing wrinkles. Envie Skin uses anti-wrinkle injects for treatments such as frown lines, crow’s feet, horizontal forehead lines, gummy smile and horizontal neck lines.
Julian Suitor wrote on Google, “Love this doctor! Attention to detail is second to none.”
The My Genesis service at the CAPS Clinic focuses on helping clients achieve more youthful looking skin. High-quality, anti-wrinkle injectables, fillers and smoothers improve appearance and build confidence. The aesthetic injecting team is led by a plastic surgeon. The team is highly experienced in tailoring treatments for the best results.
On Google, Becky Byrne wrote, “Highly recommend Caps Clinic. They made me feel safe, listened to my wants and delivered with high-quality results … life changing.”
The team of highly qualified doctors and nurses at Artisan Aesthetic Clinics (formerly Clear Complexions), help clients look as young as they feel, with premium cosmetic injectable treatments. This includes treatments to smooth wrinkles and unwanted lines. It also includes sculpting and enhancing features. Canberra has three clinics—Woden, Bruce and Gungahlin.
On Google, Donna Robertson wrote, “The team at Artisan go above and beyond … I would recommend them to anyone wanting to achieve the best version of themselves.”
Wrinkle and anti-aging treatments at Eden Laser Clinics include anti-wrinkle injections, dermal fillers, skin needling, thread lifts and microdermabrasion. The clinic’s team of experts help clients determine the right kind of anti-aging skincare. They explain the procedures involved and plan treatment schedules to suit each client’s lifestyle.
On Google, Quinn Boyle wrote, “I’ve had nothing but great experiences the year or so that I’ve been doing to Eden Laser Clinics Canberra.”
Whilst you’re searching for Botox specialists, you might also like to read our articles on the best facial specialists, best microblading specialists, best eyelash extensions salons, best beauty salons, best waxing salons, best hair salons and best nail salons Canberra has to offer.
Your experience with Botox specialists in Canberra
Thanks to our commenters who have provided insightful feedback, if you believe we have got it wrong, please let us know.
Have you had any experience with the Botox specialists listed above? If so, share your feedback in the comments below.