Need legal advice? Looking for a lawyer in Canberra that you can trust? You’ve come to the right place.
When it comes to navigating complex legal matters, working with a top-quality lawyer is imperative. Whether you need assistance with compensation, conveyancing, or criminal law, silly mistakes and poor advices can result in dire consequences.
You need a lawyer that understands the ins and outs of your situation, can help you make the most of any opportunities, and ensure you achieve the best possible outcome.
In the article, we’ll share with you the top three lawyers in the Canberra region. We believe these firms are fit to assist you with just about any legal issues you may have.
If you have had any experience with these three firms – or any other lawyers in the Canberra region – please leave it in the comments below. We welcome all real-life experience, whether positive or negative. Your feedback will help fellow Canberra residents decide on a reliable law firm.
Let’s get right into it.
What Makes a Great Law Firm?
When dealing with the law and working through legal proceedings, there is absolutely no room for error. Bad advice or the wrong decision from an ill-equipped lawyer can leave you in a pretty nasty situation.
So, what exactly should you look for in a great law firm? Here are a few of the traits we believe all the best firms in the Canberra region have.
- Experience. The more experience a lawyer has, the more likely they will help you achieve the best possible outcome. Inexperienced lawyers are more prone to making mistakes, especially since they are less familiar with laws and legal proceedings than their longer-practiced colleagues.
- Honesty. There’s no point working with a lawyer that will promise you the world, get your hopes up, and then under deliver. You want a lawyer that will be 100 percent honest with you about your situation, and the realistic outcomes you can achieve.
- Prompt. If it’s legal advice you’re looking for, you don’t want to be waiting weeks on end for your lawyer to get back to you. Keep in mind that lawyers often charge by the hour. The longer they take to get your affairs in order, the more you’ll end up paying.
- Specialist knowledge. If you need help with family law, for example, it can be a wise idea to get help from a lawyer that specialises in that field. Specialist lawyers know their legal area back to front, and may be able to provide advice that generalist lawyers cannot.
- Understanding. During some of the toughest times in our lives, we need legal help. Whether a close family member has passed away, or a marriage has fallen out, when you seek legal assistance, you want a lawyer that understands your struggles, and is sensitive to your emotions.
The Best Lawyers in Canberra
Here are three of the best lawyers servicing the Canberra region.
1. Baker Deane & Nutt
Baker Deane & Nutt has serviced the Canberra, Queanbeyan, and surrounding areas for over 150 years. Today, the highly qualified, highly regarded team specialise in conveyancing, personal injury, and family law.
BDN is one of the longest surviving legal firms in Australia thanks to their commitment to their clients, and their professional, skilled legal advice. The friendly team at BDN work to demystify complex legal situations, giving their valued clients the knowledge and understanding to make sound legal decisions.
2. Meyer Vandenberg
Servicing both organisations and individuals, Meyer Vandenberg is a dynamic firm based in Canberra. With core values of trust, integrity, respect, and passion, you can rest easy knowing you are getting some of the best professional legal advice in the region.
The team at Meyer Vandenberg are best known for the specialist work in conveyancing and property law. They assist clients locally, nationally, and internationally with both straightforward and complex property related legal matters.
3. Dobinson Davey Clifford Simpson Lawyers
When it comes to matters of family law, wills and estates, and business succession, DDCS Lawyers in Canberra is your best bet. This award-winning firm is home to six Family Law Accredited specialists, as well as Canberra’s only Wills and Estates Accredited specialist.
With both skill and passion, the team at DDCS can help you achieve the outcome you desire in the fastest, easiest way possible.
Your Experience with Canberra Lawyers
Let us know your experience – good or bad – with lawyers in the Canberra region in the comments section below.