If you are one of Canberra’s many commercial property occupants or owners, you will understand the importance of maintaining your business premises.
The quality of your operational environment is not only a reflection of what you as a business offer, it also speaks volume of your brand. It is the place your employees treat as a home away from home, and a vital touchpoint for clients and customers.
With time, all commercial premises both large and small will start to become worn and weathered. From faltering furniture, crumbling carpet, and marked walls, each are tell-tale signs that the need to renew is near. And, when it comes to refurbishment options, fresh paint is undoubtedly one of the quickest ways to make an impact.
Indeed, a new coat of paint can be quite transformational. The right combination of colours and applications can instantly contemporise and outdated space. Made for the medium paint finishes can prolong a surfaces condition, adding years to its lifespan. And a quality job done well adds to a buildings curb appeal – and value.
If you are planning to have a portion or your entire property painted, a commercial painting contractor is what you need. As specialists in commercial and industrial settings they are well adept at large scale projects where operational efficiency is key.
That said, every commercial painting company has its own distinctive set of skills, techniques, and expertise. Finding a contractor that can provide a quality finish that caters to your specific needs can be challenging. Fortunately, we’ve compiled a list of the best commercial painters in Canberra, so do read on below.
What makes a great commercial painter?
The best commercial painters understand that you have a business to run. So, they complete projects with minimal disruption, on time – and on budget. For a quality finish on your commercial building, you may wish to consider the following:
- All the right credentials. While not required to be licensed within the ACT, the most professionals will voluntarily adhere to licenced trade principles. They will hold a white card and be licensed to for high risk elevated work. Moreover, any commercial painter should provide proof of their competence via a Certificate III in Painting and Decorating, references, and portfolio. They should also operate within a licenced business and be fully insured. This insurance should include public liability and workers compensation, with each job carried conducted under strict regulatory compliance. Finally, for added peace of mind look for accreditation with peak industry body Master Painters NSW & ACT.
- Specialised expertise. Commercial properties come in a multitude of shapes and sizes. From single room shops through and dual level warehouses through to multi-storey precincts, offices, and more; each with its own set of painting requirements. External painting on skyscrapers requires a different skill set to epoxy flooring in a hospital and vice versa. While reviewing commercial painters, consider their area of expertise and align with those who are most experienced in your need.
- Creative flair. When it comes to running a business first impressions count. That is why great paintwork is an essential piece of the branding puzzle, representing a business and providing visual appeal. The best commercial painters are creative visionaries transforming dull spaces into those that are vibrant and inviting. Look for services like colour consultancy as a starting point, along with an array of potential paint finishes and textures. Furthermore, review their previous projects and look for synergies with yours for evidence of their creative ability.
- Project pros. When it comes to commercial painting greater emphasis is placed on productivity and efficiency to avoid business disruption and project delays. Large scale projects often involve numerous contractors working in sync and any delay can be costly. The best painters are project management pros, who’s swift scheduling ensures each phase is completed on time and on budget. Be it inspection, preparation, application, or maintenance they have it covered.
- Quality all round. With the average commercial paint finish expecting a rework in 6-8 years, quality all round should be the name of the game. Look for painters who prioritise quality at each stage of the project. Be it the use of premium paints, environmentally sensitive materials, a hazard free site, and furniture protection, each are important. Equally, the level of finish should be commercial grade, free of splatters, drips, and patches. If in doubt, contact references or ask to visit previous jobs where possible.
The best commercial painters in Canberra
Riotact’s editorial team has combed through 20 years of on-site comments to compile a list of the most recommended businesses according to you.
To be listed in our Best of Canberra series, each business needs to have consistently received positive feedback on Riotact and Facebook as well as maintaining a minimum average of 4/5 stars on Google.
With over twenty years local experience, proprietor Ashley Barber and his team at Paint 2 IMPRESS have been delivering commercial and residential painting services throughout the Canberra region. With Dulux Accreditation and membership of Master Painters Australia they also offer a 5-year workmanship guarantee.
When it comes to commercial projects, they pride themselves on being professional from start to end. Whether you are a café, restaurant, or shop, operate a professional service, or medical and allied health and more they have the experience that counts.
Andrew McPhillips shared his experience with the team on Google, “We have used Ashley on three houses and will continue to do so. The attention to detail, trustworthiness of Ash and his team and transparent pricing are all great features of the service.”
Rick Maier Paint Plus are an award-winning boutique team of trade qualified painters and decorators. Specialising in residential and commercial painting they have the experience, training, and insurances to meet the needs of enterprise clients and strata, through to schools, and small business.
For commercial clients Rick Maier Paint Plus offers after hours servicing, internal and external painting, application of specialised coatings including epoxy and anti-graffiti, high pressure cleaning, and ongoing maintenance. As Dulux Accredited painters offering a workmanship warranty, they are an excellent choice.
Russ Crane shared this great review on Google, “This is the second time I have engaged Rick and his team…. their service has been nothing short of outstanding. Timely, professional, and extremely flexible, I would highly recommend Rick Maier and his team for any painting task. Nothing was too much trouble, and they go that little further to excel.”
With over 35 years’ experience, ASP Painting & Decorating owner operator Simon Fantich has built a reputation as the painter to call for complex projects. With a long list of awards, they are also a Dulux Accredited Partner, certified with Green Painters Australia, and trained Acrotex applicators.
Services include commercial painting, venetian plastering, along with wallpapering, textured coatings and more. For a team that take pride in delivering quality results and premium finishes ASF Painting & Decorating are a great choice.
Sarah Proust had this to say on Google, “I couldn't recommend Simon highly enough - he did a beautiful job painting my apartment. His work is immaculate. He also made everything so easy and hassle free.”
APro Canberra Painting offers professional painting solutions tailored to the individual needs and budget of clients big and small. Using premium products from leading brands, the latest techniques, and eco-friendly options they offer quality paint services for commercial needs.
Qualified, licensed, and insured, they have the experience to assist with numerous commercial projects. From offices and shops, through to cafes and health services they offer both internal and external painting, maintenance, and repairs.
Mitch Jenkins shared this glowing review on Google, “I would recommend APro Canberra Painting to anyone. If you’re looking for an honest, reliable and high-quality painting service, look no further than Hayden and his team at APro Canberra Painting.”
As an award-winning commercial painter, C&C Painting Group specialise in a range of services geared toward commercial clients. From internal and exterior finishes, decorative and restorative work, concrete sealing or resurfacing, through to heritage projects they are a great choice for businesses large and small.
C&C Painting Group are fully insured; holding all relevant certifications to undertake an array of commercial services. Accredited with the Master Painters Association, and as proud Dulux Accredited Members, they pride themselves on the highest level of professionalism.
David Bryant shared this glowing review on Google, “Over the past 24 months we have had multiple tradesmen and the quality of their work and customer service is average.
Then along came C&C Painting Group who are in a league of their own. They arrive on time; they check with you to confirm quality and they a pleasure to work with.”
For other commercial decorating services check out our articles on the best the best flooring specialists and the best curtain and blind suppliers in Canberra. To furnish your space see our article on the best office furniture supply stores. And, for maintenance see content on the best commercial plumbers and the best office and commercial cleaners in the region.
Your experience with commercial painters in Canberra
Thanks to our commenters who have provided insightful feedback. If you believe we have got it wrong, please let us know.
Have you had experience with any of the commercial painters listed above? If so, share your feedback in the comments below.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the difference between commercial and residential painting?
As the name suggests, commercial painters execute painting projects for businesses. They typically work on large scale premises, both indoors and out, covering extensive amounts of space. Commercial painters are generally specialists in this style of work, accustomed to the swift management and delivery of projects with minimal disruption to businesses. Conversely, residential painters focus on painting projects for domestic spaces within and around the home.
What services are offered by commercial painters?
A commercial painters services are generally aligned to the needs of business establishments. Services typically include things like colour consultancy, interior and exterior painting, power washing, decorative painting, speciality textures or finishes, wallpapering, and restoration.
What types of finishes do commercial painters deliver?
In addition to internal and external painting, commercial painters typically deliver a range of specialist surface finishes. They include the likes of low volatile organic compounds, acrylic and enamel paints, textured coatings, epoxy or anti-slip coatings, fire resistant coatings, and even anti-graffiti or anti-pollutant protection.
How much does commercial painting cost?
Commercial painting costs vary quite significantly. They are usually determined by the complexity of the project and its timeline, the nature of finishes, the scale of the space, and headcount. A rough guide is between $50-$100 per hour for a commercial painter, however as multiple factors influence this rate it may not be reflective of the current market price. For an accurate quote for your project contact your local commercial painter.
What are the benefits of repainting a commercial property?
If your building is showing signs of dull, flaking, or stained paintwork it may be time to repaint. Repainting not only protects surfaces; it also transforms a space making an impact to both businesses and their customers. Ultimately, repainting is a long-term investment that can raise the bar in terms of property value and appeal.