Once a marvel of the ancient age, central heating is now considered a mandatory in homes of today. While not all climates require ducted heating, Canberra and indeed its residents, most certainly benefit from its warmth.
Shouldered by snow-capped mountains our winters are amongst the coldest in Australia. Our sub-zero evening temperatures require some serious machinery to keep us warm, with ducted gas heating being a popular choice.
While all is well, ducted heating is something that is easily taken for granted. Flick a switch and you will soon feel the welcoming warmth of toasty air flooding the room. But, like many household services, we often only notice it when it stops.
Ducted gas heating is often one of the larger ticket items on a property owners investment scheduled. However simply buying the system is only the beginning of the process. As with all machinery, wear and tear through time will begin to take its course. And if left unattended, the inevitable will surely occur.
To ensure optimum performance, a ducted gas heating system should be regularly serviced with each winter season. They should be tested, checked, and cleaned, to protect the longevity – and the investment – of the system itself.
If you find yourself in a heating dilemma you are not alone! The good news is that specialist services exist to take care of this very need. For Canberra’s finest ducted gas heating repairers do read on below.
What makes a great ducted gas heating repairer?
Great ducted gas heating repairers are masters of vents, ducts, and furnaces. They have an innate knowledge of all systems and are skilled at their maintenance and repair. To help assess the credentials of your service we suggest you consider the following:
- Qualified, licensed & insured. Maintaining and repairing a ducted gas heating system requires skilled trades with specialised licences. When it comes to gas fitting, repairers are also typically licenced in additional areas like electrical and plumbing. When assessing each repairer their credentials should be at the top of your list. At a minimum, your gas fitter should hold a certificate IV in gas supply industry operations. Each trade should also have an industry white card, and relevant ACT licensing for gas fitting, electrical, and plumbing. To check for valid licensing visit Access Canberra. Finally, ensure your trade is appropriately insured with public liability, workers compensation, and contracts cover. Be sure to cite a copy of the insurance certificate; and remember to call the insurance provider to confirm validity.
- Professionally accredited. Another useful way to assess your shortlisted ducted gas heating service is to check on their industry accreditation. For gas fitters, the Australian Gas Association is the peak industry body. They accredit under a scheme that denotes AGA listed gas fitters who uphold safe practises and quality standards to a tee. Looking further afoot, consider your trades manufacturer affiliations. Ensure they are familiar with the system you have installed and are experienced in its repair.
- Troubleshooting virtuoso. Some system issues present obvious flaws, while others are more challenging to uncover. That is why employing the best and brightest of ducted gas repair is so important. The best repairers run experienced teams who know gas heating systems in and out. They are troubleshooting virtuosos, identifying issues with ease and getting your ducted gas heating up and running. In addition to manufacturer credentials, reviews and recommendations are a great way to assess technical ability.
- Checks & balances. While ducted gas heating offers many benefits, it is not without risks. The misuse of natural gas can be toxic, posing serious risks to health and safety. Regular maintenance mitigates this risk, and ensures all elements are working properly. That is why a comprehensive outlook on maintenance is always best. Look for repairers who offer the full set of tests and checks, along with an end-to-end system clean. Testing should include the full system and individual components like carbon monoxide emission, burning pressure, and airflow. Moreover, checks on the flame sensor, ignitor, capacitors, and return air cavity should also be conducted. Always check the inclusions on scheduled maintenance and compare to assess the best offer.
- Dependable. There is nothing worse than being stranded in Canberra’s winter without a heated vent in sight. That is why finding a dependable ducted gas heating system repairer is so important. Much like other scheduled maintenance services, it pays to build a long-lasting professional relationship with a trusted provider. Not only will they be familiar with your individual system; they will also be available assist whenever urgency beckons.
The best ducted gas heating repairers in Canberra
RiotACT’s editorial team has combed through 20 years of on-site comments to compile a list of the most recommended businesses according to you.
To be listed in our Best of Canberra series, each business needs to have consistently received positive feedback on RiotACT and Facebook as well as maintaining a minimum average of 4/5 stars on Google.
With over 10 years of service to Canberra’s community, this locally owned company focus on delivering responsive same-day work to rectify plumbing and gas issues.
Perfect Plumbing & Gasfitting’s team of licensed, insured, and experienced trades specialise in the repair of all manner of ducted gas heating systems. From Braemer, Brivis, Rinnai and more, they offer both scheduled maintenance and emergency servicing. With an impeccable reputation Perfect Plumbing & Gasfitting make for an excellent choice.
Anton Veld shared this wonderful review on Google, “Matt and his team came out same day and got our ducted gas heater fixed quickly, definitely recommended.”
Natural Gas and Water boasts over thirty years-experience in the home systems servicing and installation industry. They specialise in the installation and servicing of water heating, cooling, and heating systems.
Natural Gas and Water offers comprehensive after sales service and repairs work. As Brivis and Rinnai warrantee agents they make for an excellent choice for the maintenance and repair of ducted gas heating systems. For skilled and reliable technicians consider Natural Gas and Water.
Ian McTaggart shared his experience on Google, “Great service today from Chris at NGW. Prompt arrival and communication. Heater working perfectly. We will be using NGW for all future gas servicing. So happy with the professionalism of this company.”
As a family-run local business, Brindabella Gas specialise in the maintenance and installation of household gas appliances. From ducted gas heating to barbeque conversions, cooktops, and hot water systems, their experienced and skilled technicians know gas products inside and out.
When it comes to ducted gas heating, Brindabella Gas offers an annual maintenance programme that features a comprehensive general service and inspection. They are also available to attend any urgent repairs as needed. For highly specialised trades consider Brindabella Gas.
Clinton Smith shared his experience with the team on Google, “I could not recommend Brindabella Gas highly enough, they are fantastic!! After another company left us out in the cold for four weeks while waited for them to fix our ducted gas system, we were rescued by Brindabella.”
With over twenty years in business, locally owned Landmark Air have been servicing Canberra and surrounds with all their heating and cooling needs. Offering both installation, maintenance and repair services for air conditioning, evaporative cooling, they also cater to ducted and space gas heating.
To stay on top of wear and tear Landmark Air offers a comprehensive repairs and maintenance service to maximise system efficiency. Their team of licensed and highly skilled trades pride themselves on the quality of their output and dependability. For a ducted gas heating system in tip top shape look to Landmark Air.
Carrie Bren shared this great review on Google, “Excellent service, friendly and professional.”
For over twenty years, AirConditioning Canberra have been supplying, installing, and repairing ducted heating systems across the Canberra region. Specialising in ducted gas, split system, and reverse cycle heating, their team of licensed, qualified, and experienced technicians are at hand to assist with any need.
When it comes to ducted gas heating systems AirConditioning Canberra recommends an annual maintenance schedule to ensure the efficient and safe system operation. Moreover, they are available to attend to any system shortcomings and repair as needed.
MaryAnne Cronin shared her experience on Google, “Very efficient company. Excellent and respectful team. We knew where we stood from day one. Started job and finished on time. Cleaned up and took away rubbish and old system…. Would highly recommend to anyone wanting their services.”
For related gas services check out our articles on the best ducted gas heating services and the best gas fitters in Canberra. For alternative options check out our articles on the best air-conditioning services and the best solar panel installers in the region. To link your ducted gas to your smart home set up visit our article on the best home automation system installers in Canberra.
Your experience with ducted gas heating repairers in Canberra
Thanks to our commenters who have provided insightful feedback. If you believe we have got it wrong, please let us know.
Have you had experience with any of the ducted gas heating repairers listed above? If so, share your feedback in the comments below.