Buying a property is a big deal. It’s one of the largest purchases you’ll ever make so you want to get it right. That includes securing the best home loan, one that gives you the funds you need without overstretching your financial commitments.
Having said that, the loan world is complex. It can be confusing and stressful to compare the many products on offer, whether you’re a first-home buyer, moving to a bigger or smaller property or an investor.
Many buyers choose to work with a reliable and experienced mortgage broker to sort through the home loan market.
In this article, we’ll outline the qualities to consider when choosing a mortgage broker in Goulburn and share where to find the best ones in the area.
What makes a great mortgage broker?
Choosing the right mortgage broker has many benefits. A great mortgage broker can help you work through the home loan market maze and provide reassurance that you’re moving forward with professional guidance.
It can be helpful to keep the following in mind when choosing a mortgage broker in Goulburn.
- Qualified and licensed. At a minimum, your mortgage broker should hold a Certificate IV or diploma in finance and mortgage broking. Some are more qualified with a Bachelor of Business specialising in Financial Planning. Your mortgage broker must also hold an Australian Credit License requiring them to adhere to high professional standards.
- Years of experience. With years of experience comes specialist expertise and the capacity to secure a competitive loan with the right fit. You’ll want a mortgage broker with a proven track record to put you at ease. Check the broker’s website and online reviews.
- Extensive industry knowledge. The home loan process is complex, and rules and regulations are always evolving. You’ll therefore want a mortgage broker who keeps up with changes in the industry.
- Access to a wide range of home loans. Different home loans suit different circumstances. Your mortgage broker should have access to a broad panel of lenders, so you find a home loan that fits like a glove. The panel should include banks, credit unions, building societies and other lenders.
- Commitment to client satisfaction. Your mortgage broker should work for you, not for the lender. Select a mortgage broker who is committed to client satisfaction.
The best mortgage brokers in Goulburn
RiotACT’s editorial team has combed through 20 years of on-site comments to compile a list of the most recommended businesses according to you.
To be listed in our Best of Canberra series, each business needs to have consistently received positive feedback on RiotACT and maintain a minimum average of 4/5 stars on both Google and Facebook reviews.
With Clarity Home Loans, clients get a clear view of the pathway to home ownership. The team of qualified mortgage brokers at Clarity Home Loans helps clients secure the best home loan type at the best competitive rate for their unique circumstances.
At Clarity Home Loans, specialist staff are free to work as hard as needed to find the ideal loan for every client. This because they don’t work on commission but are paid a salary. This means they do the heavy lifting for clients free of charge.
Clarity Home Loans has access to a wide range of lenders and select the best option for clients from over 2,500 home loan products. They’re not limited by one lender’s options but instead have access to a panel of more than 30 lenders, including all the major banks.
Staff at Clarity Home Loans are passionate and motivated. With more than 80 years’ combined industry experience, staff are experts in the home-buying journey, not just loan transactions. Clarity Home Loans has helped tens of thousands of home owners secure the most competitive and best-fit loan.
Clarity Home Loans Group is experienced in all facets of property finance. This includes helping manage the transition between selling a property and buying the next one. The team is also skilled in helping clients who want to refinance or consolidate debts into a single loan.
On The RiotAct, Luke Kensey wrote “… Clarity is amazing. Helped us deal with multiple properties and is always available. No question is too difficult. Couldn’t rate any higher!”
Inland Finance Solutions are experts at supporting clients with quality mortgage services. With access to more than 30 lenders, Inland Finance Solutions ensures clients get competitive rates and the best loan for their needs. Inland Finance Solutions is accredited by the Australian Finance Group and a member of the Mortgage and Finance Association of Australia.
Nadia Collins wrote on Google, “Michael made the process of getting a home loan for me as a first time buyer super easy …”
Panache Financial’s mortgage brokers are solely focused on finding clients the right loan. They do so by helping clients navigate loan choices and changes in the market. Panache Financial’s mortgage brokers negotiate loans on behalf of clients and can manage the whole process once the right loan is found. They streamline matters, stay clients from start to finish and make everything easy.
On Facebook, Tara Barck wrote, “Five-star rating! I would highly recommend Panache to anyone looking for a mortgage broker.”
If you’re looking for more information on loan advice and finances, you might like our articles on the best mortgage brokers, best tax accountants, best bookkeepers and best financial planners that Canberra has to offer.
Your experience with mortgage brokers in Goulburn
Thanks to our commenters who have provided insightful feedback on the best and worst Goulburn Mortgage Brokers.
If you believe we have got it wrong, please let us know.
Have you worked with a mortgage broker in Goulburn? Share your experience in the comments area below.