It’s on again in 2010! You are cordially invited to the 2010 Big Bangs Fundraiser, proudly presented by Tongue & Groove!
This year the event begins at 7pm, on Monday 21st June, at Tongue & Groove, on Bunda Street. Tickets are $50, which includes cocktails, canapés, music and of course some great people!
All proceeds will be directed towards our programs across our ever-expanding target countries.
Here’s what $50 does across the world:
- Creates 100 “emergency packs” for street and slum kids in Bangladesh, containing enough rice, oil, soap, water and milk for a week.
- Purchases enough basketballs, t-shirts and supplies to run a day-camp for 1,000 kids in the Philippines.
- Buys 50 pairs of shoes for kids at an orphanage in Bangladesh, allowing them to walk to and from school without cutting the delicate parts of their feet on glass or stones along the way, eliminating infections and the need for expensive, most often ignored, medical care.
- Buys enough cement to build an outdoor court in Papua New Guinea, for kids who would otherwise never be able to access a court.
- Covers the cost of 2 boxes full of school books and supplies for a school in the remote regions of Nepal.
- Pays for a year’s education for 2 children in Pakistan, complete with school books and uniforms.
- Buys 20 basketballs for our girls program in Afghanistan, allowing young women the opportunity to participate in sport for the 1st time in their lives.
These are just a few examples of the many things we accomplish throughout the world…
You can purchase your tickets through Out In Canberra, or from the venue itself. Your ticket includes entry, live music, canapés, cocktails and bubbly, as well as a special raffle for the ladies! Be quick, as tickets are strictly limited!
Hope to see you all there.
CEO, Big Bang Ballers
ACT Young Australian Of The Year, 2010