Best of Canberra

Experts in Wills, Trusts
& Estate Planning

Canberra’s Best Cleaning Companies

Canberra’s Best Cleaning Companies

Looking for cleaners you can trust to get your home spic and span? You’ve come to the right place.

We’ve put together a list of Canberra’s best cleaning companies based on real-life customer feedback.

So, whether your lease is up and you need a thorough house clean, or you’re looking for someone to tidy your place on a regular basis, we’ll help you find a Canberra based Cleaning Company to suit your needs.

What Makes a Great Cleaning Business?

Hiring a cleaner can be a complex process – there’s a lot more that goes into cleaning a home than you might think.

Here’s a list of qualities a great Cleaning Business should have.

• Reliability. Not only being on time but instead understanding that they are being invited into your house and therefore creating a solid foundation of trust.
  • Affordability. You don’t need to hire the cheapest cleaners on the market but you should get what you pay for. There’s nothing worse than being ripped off.
  • Efficiency. The Canberra cleaners you decide on should get the work done at a reasonable pace without cutting corners whilst ensuring an excellent product.
  • Respectful. If you are hiring cleaners to tidy your home, you want them to respect your space and your belongings.
  • Effective. When the cleaners are done, your home should be clean, really clean. Attention to detail is very important.

The Top 5 Canberra Cleaners According to You

RiotACT’s editorial team has combed through 19 years of on-site comments to compile a list of the most recommended businesses according to you.

To be listed in our Best of Canberra series, each business needs to have consistently received positive feedback on RiotACT and Facebook as well as maintaining a minimum average of 4/5 stars on Google.

Cosmic Cleaning ACT

Book. Clean. Relax. The steps followed upon booking Corrine and the team to deliver a top cleaning service. With the option of easy online booking, Corrine has been able to grow the business she started in 2015. Great service, promotions and word of mouth are the key elements this business thrives on for their growth. Facebook reviewer Helen says: ‘Reliable, responsive and performs a high quality clean. We are very happy with their service, and love the personal touches they add.

The Rug Spa Carpet Cleaning Canberra

For 26 years Michael has been steam cleaning Canberra’s rugs and carpets. With a range of different packages, it’s easy to jump on his website and select the package that suits you or your business. With great service and excellent reviews, Michael can steam clean almost anything and he’ll even pick up your rug, give it a spa, and return it to your door. One Facebook reviewer says: ‘Michael was responsive, on-time, highly professional and definitely value-for-money.’

Impact Carpet Cleaning Canberra

The team from Impact Carpet Cleaning are well known for their friendly chats and great customer service. Sam is more than accommodating when it comes to last minute bookings and has a reputation for stepping in when others have folded the opportunity. Happy Google reviewer Gail says: ‘Great service and great result on removing stains from my carpet. Great value for money.’

Aussie Dry Carpet Cleaning

Mick and Sue, a husband and wife team that has been servicing Canberra and surrounding areas for over 20 years. They focus on only using environmentally friendly products and roll up in their equipment packed van, meaning no need for the use of electricity. Punctuality and honesty are well regarded by this family-owned business with one Facebook reviewer Sandra commenting: ‘My carpets look and smell like new thanks to this cool carpet cleaning duo.’

Able Carpet Cleaning Canberra

Bryan is known for his easy and ongoing attitude as well as his motivation towards a perfect result. He specialises in carpet cleaning, upholstery cleaning, tile and grout steam cleaning as well as stain treatments. Due to excellent service and reasonable pricing, most of his work is repeat clients, with one Facebook reviewer commenting: ‘I couldn’t be happier with the service I received from Bryan – turned up on time, did a great job, and stuck to the quoted price’

Found the Perfect Canberra Cleaning Company?

Thanks to our commenters who have provided insightful feedback, if you believe we have got it wrong, please let us know.

Real customer feedback is one of the best ways to find the perfect Canberra cleaning company for you.

Please comment down below and let us know how your experience with your chosen cleaning company went. Would you use them again? Where did they excel? How could they improve?

What’s Your opinion?

26 Responses to
Canberra’s Best Cleaning Companies
Showing only Website comments
Newest to Oldest
Oldest to Newest
ThatGuy 10:45 am 16 Nov 11

Pretty sure they’ll go southside – Salloum Cleaning (02) 6241 4339.

They did an end of lease clean for us in Bruce that received praise from both the owner and agent. I remember them being really well priced too (from memory, I think it was $500 – $600 for a 4 bed, 2 living, 2 bath house top to toe). This was a couple years ago though.

SophieMarie 11:22 am 16 Nov 11

Thanks ThatGuy. I’m kinda looking for someone to regularly clean my home though. Someone who will not only do the carpets, windows, kitchen and bathroom but also polish my furniture, make the occasional bed, put on and clear the dishwasher. You know – like a mother would. Except not my mother. She’s very messy and a little bitchy. Bit like me, really. So not like me or my mother. Someone good, who’ll take the time and care to make a house look like a home rather than a bomb-site (which is what it looks like now)!

Lazy I 11:31 am 16 Nov 11

In before Gen Y bashing and “do it yourself”

pink little birdie 11:37 am 16 Nov 11

My dude Terry is awesome. He’ll do what you ask and clean windows and help you move furniture. He comes weekly to mine and few friends. Say Jess gave you his number. (I need him to move furniture in the next couple of weeks so refering people is good). 0401072439

He does cleans the deck and stuff. and our house is less of a bomb site since he started cleaning regularly.

SophieMarie 11:43 am 16 Nov 11

Dear Lazy, thanks for the suggestion. But just spent 6 weeks in intensive care. Not up to doing it myself. But thanks.

Watson 11:54 am 16 Nov 11

SophieMarie said :

That made me lol.

I told my 6yo the other day that she had not done a very good job of wiping the bench and her reply was “But mum, a clean kitchen is a sign of a wasted life.” I get the feeling that she will be looking for a cleaner in a couple of decades too.

Holden Caulfield 12:14 pm 16 Nov 11

Jean Reno does a pretty good job as a cleaner and he’s professional.

Lazy I 12:21 pm 16 Nov 11

SophieMarie said :

*woosh*

bywongqueen 5:49 pm 07 Dec 11

Try My Adelina Cleaning Services – use all environmental products and very reliable.

jules_from_latham 9:09 pm 07 Dec 11

Avoid Bebrite – not that good and two items stolen from my house

Mumbucks 10:24 pm 07 Dec 11

Lazy I said :

In before Gen Y bashing and “do it yourself”

Yer Mr muscle
Mr sheen
And any of the aldi’s products of course and put in a bit of elbow grease!

Parkway Parker 5:52 pm 13 Jun 12

Ask your neighbours, that is how I found mine. I was surprised how many of my neighbours have a cleaner. Makes it easier for your cleaner too.

Elboy 8:55 am 25 Oct 14

Phill Belgrove. 0431 764 247
Really nice guy and easy to deal with.
website, http://www.cleanerincanberra.com.au/

Housekeeper 11:41 am 14 Nov 14

Hi,”the best cleaners I have found in Canberra and most reliable are from the housekeeping school , its an agency 0437826993 is the number

jordanmullen 11:52 am 19 Jun 15

Hi There. We found cleaner called A Cut Above Cleaning in Canberra. The lady who runs the company is called Tania. They dont have a website, they dont advertise and this because they dont need to because they are that good. We had massive with issues real agent asking clean & fix that were originally there when we moved in! She was willing and help us with these issues even though we were interstate.

If you want someone is professional, does job on time and supports you through the process I suggest you avoid anyone Google and call this lady. She doesnt advertise because she doesnt need to.

Tania is her name and they are priced well for the service they provide.

Tania 0402124370 – A Cut Above Cleaning

Linda Kirk 1:10 pm 18 Jul 18

Hello,
    I would not recommend A Cut Above to anyone, friend or foe.
    They charge way more than other cleaners and are unreliable and unprofessional.
    I had a clean booked and confirmed by text on Monday 2 July. When I messaged Tania on the day to find out the time the cleaners would arrive I was phoned by her and told that the booking would have to be rescheduled as they only clean on the Northside one day a fortnight. The clean was rescheduled to the Friday afternoon of the same week. I was given a window between 12 and 1pm. At 2:30pm Tania called to say that the cleaners could not find a park. I was asked to give them my parking space in my building which I could not do, and so the clean was cancelled because the cleaners had to finish by 3:30pm. The cleaners told me Tania would be in touch with me to reschedule another time. I never heard back from Tania. My efforts to follow her up resulted in me being told that they were fully booked on the next date I requested three weeks later.
    All I can say is, don’t waste your time with this lot.

cbatsh 3:36 pm 06 Jul 15

For cleaning Southside of Canberra call Molly Maid 0424933800. The do regular cleaning and can provide back up if needed. They directly bill if it is insurance related cleaning. If your not happy with whom they send you let them know and they will send you someone else to try. That way you get what you want in a cleaner.

Sam Munztier 4:01 pm 13 Oct 17

Hello we hired Ultimate Helpers which was referred to us from a friend that had a them for a spring clean. The ladies that came out for the exit clean did an amazing job and went over what was asked from them. We passed the real estate inspection and got all our bond back, I Highly Recommend them http://www.ultimatehelpers.com.au

Akhter Hassan 5:22 pm 30 Oct 17

Well guys, I can challenge any one who is not happy with Get Clean ACT.
Get Clean ACT is the best cleaning services provider in Canberra and Queanbeyan areas.
They are the best ever in my life from carpet cleaning to end of lease cleaning, to curtain and leather cleaning and restoring. and very affordable prices.
Their services come with 100% satisfaction WRITTEN guarantee and they provide you the professional receipt as well for the landlord or real state agents.
Their number is 02 6247 1582 or 0412 615 211.
Just give them a call to accept my challenge.

Daniel Wong 6:03 pm 12 Jun 18

Changed cleaners due to scheduling and used at friends suggestion Molly Maid aka ACT Cleaners. Charged way more for no cleaning supplies, late arrival and incomplete work.

Will be sticking with Privilege Cleaning

Misha Kaur 7:26 pm 17 Sep 18

Clean Em (Emily!) has been doing our cleaning for over a year and she has been extremely reliable, well priced, thorough, will accommodate our requests for extra or special cleaning as we need. Em is flexible if we require changes to timing, brings all her own equipment and is always a pleasure to deal with! Recommend her to anyone! Contact her on ?+61 477 913 250? 🙂

Copyright © 2019 Region Group Pty Ltd. All rights reserved.