Looking for a makeup artist to make a big occasion that little bit more special? You’ve landed in the right place.
Hiring a professional makeup artist in Canberra can leave you feeling glamorous, pampered, and confident – that is, if they know what they are doing.
In this article, we’ll share with you three fantastic makeup artists in the region. These freelancers and spas get consistently positive reviews so you can rest easy knowing your makeup will look fantastic.
Let’s get right to it.
What makes a great makeup artist?
Not quite sure what to look for in a local makeup artist? We suggest keeping an eye out for the following characteristics:
- Talented. At the end of your makeup session, you should feel like a million dollars. A talented makeup artist with years of experience can make that happen.
- Creative. Every face is different and so requires a unique approach to makeup. The best artists are creative and can help you achieve a look that not only matches your request but also flatters your features.
- Use professional equipment and products. When you work with a professional makeup artist, expect professional equipment and products. They should use the best makeup brands in the industry to achieve a flawless result.
- Clean. The last thing you want to see when at the hands of a makeup artist are dirty brushes, damaged pallets, and nasty-looking lipsticks. Everything should be clean and well-maintained.
- Well priced. At the end of the day, you should get what you pay for. You shouldn’t feel ripped off.
The top makeup artists in Canberra according to you
RiotACT’s editorial team has combed through 19 years of on-site comments to compile a list of the most recommended businesses according to you.
To be listed in our Best of Canberra series, each business needs to have consistently received positive feedback on RiotACT and maintain a minimum average of 4/5 stars on both Google and Facebook reviews.
After consulting reviews, here are our top picks for makeup artists in Canberra.
Sarah Bates is a freelance makeup artist and hair stylist. She is the business owner and sole trader, so you know you are working with the very best rather than an inexperienced assistant. Sarah operates out of her residence or comes to you – which can be particularly convenient for events like weddings and formals.
Sarah Bates Freelance Makeup specialises in classic and glamour looks, formal, bridal, fantasy makeup, special effects, and photo shoots.
Katie Saarikko is a makeup artist and beauty photographer local to Canberra. Katie’s passion lies in editorial makeup, but with a diverse skill set and commitment to her customers, she’s able to make any vision come to reality.
Katie’s work has been published internationally in corporate files, music videos, and creative shorts. She’s one of the best in the business and uses all professional, high-quality products.
The La Bella Medispa in Kingston offers wedding, debutante ball, and special occasion makeup services. Devoted to customer satisfaction, exceptional service, and outstanding products, the specialist team of beauty experts can deliver exactly the look you’re after.
Who did you pick?
Thanks to our commenters who have provided insightful feedback on the best and worst Canberra Makeup Artists.
If you believe we have got it wrong, please let us know.
Please comment below detailing your experience with Canberra based Makeup Artists? Who would you recommend? Who would you use again? Who would you steer clear of?