Need help with your immigration process?
Visa and citizenship applications, Administrating Appeals Tribunals, and other matters of migration can be confusing, overwhelming, and incredibly stressful. That’s why many people choose to enlist the services of an immigration agent.
Immigration – or migration – agents are highly specialised, registered law professionals who can provide expert immigration advice, help with lodging citizenship and visa applications, act on your behalf in court, and other relevant services.
But how do you find an immigration agent you can trust? Well, this page is a great place to start. We’ve put together a list of the top 3 migration agents in Canberra.
Please consider sharing your experience with immigration services in Canberra in the comments section below. Your feedback could help our readers make their migration process run as smoothly as possible.
What Makes a Reliable Immigration Agent?
When it comes to something as important as your visa or citizen application, you need a trustworthy immigration agent with a wealth of knowledge and a passion for helping people. An unskilled, unreliable migration lawyer could sabotage your chances of approval.
So, what exactly should you look for in an immigration agent? Here are a few traits we believe are important:
- Expertise. You want an immigration lawyer that knows exactly what they are doing. They are familiar with the ins and outs of migration laws and processes and can help you achieve the best possible results given your unique circumstances.
- Experience. More often than not, the more experience an immigration lawyer has, the more reliable they are. With years spent on the job, they’ve seen it all. They know exactly how to respond to cancelations, rejections, and other less-than-perfect situations.
- Qualified and registered. Immigration agents must be registered with the Migration Agents Registration Authority, a government body. This registration is only awarded to specialist lawyers who have demonstrated proficiency in the area of migrations.
- Prompt. Sometimes issues of immigration and migration are time sensitive. If that is the case, the last thing you need is an agent that takes far longer than necessary to get the job done.
- Understanding. As we mentioned, matters of immigration can be stressful. Your agent should be compassionate toward your situation and supportive of your decisions.
- Fairly priced. Yes, lawyers can be expensive. But, if their services help you achieve your goal, the cost is certainly worth it. That being said, the best immigration agents charge a fair price. They certainly do not take advantage of your situation by demanding a small fortune.
The 3 Best Immigration Agents in Canberra
Here are our top 3 picks for the best immigration agents in Canberra. Each are fully qualified, registered specialists that can help you overcome any migration-related hurdles.
Let’s get right into our list.
1. Irene Yeung Migrations Services
The expert team at Irene Yeung Migration Services understand the complex and ever-changing landscape of Australian migration law. What’s more, they recognise that the lengthy, highly complex visa application process can be daunting, and are more than happy to offer their professional assistance.
The principal agent, Irene Yeung, has years of experience in the migration field. Whatever your situation, she can provide sound advice regarding any visa or citizenship applications, eligibility potential, and pathways.
For migration agents you can trust through and through in Canberra, look no further than Irene Yeung Migration Services.
2. Heenan & Browne Visa and Migration Services
Heenan & Browne Visa and Migration Services is an independent law firm that only works in the area of migration law. All agents are registered and have years of experience helping people all around the world settle here in Australia.
Their services are strategic and personalised and cover all areas of migration matters. With help from their qualified team, their clients successfully navigate the ins and outs of complicated laws, processes, applications, and more.
Heenan & Browne Visa and Migration Services works with both individuals and businesses and can help with both visa and citizenship matters.
3. Focus Migration
For a broad range of immigration services and advice, consider Focus Migration. This boutique law firm assists both corporate clients and individuals on their quest to obtain working visas, permanent residencies, and Australian citizenship.
Focus migration specialises in areas relating to the following visa applications: Business Sponsorship, Subclass 457 Temporary Work Visa, Employer Nomination Scheme (ENS & RSMS), Skill Select visas, and Partner visas.
Their team understands that no two people are the same. That means, each and every client is offered tailored services to meet their individual needs.
Have You Had Experience with an Immigration Agent in Canberra?
Have you worked with an immigration agent in the Canberra region? Whether your experience was positive or negative, let us know in the comments below. Your story will help our readers make an informed, educated decision.