You want the best for your children. Whether you need a contract nanny, or a full-time live-in nanny, finding the perfect person is a daunting task.
So, where exactly should you start your search for the best nanny in the Canberra region? Right here. We’ve put together a list of the top 3 places to find an experienced, trustworthy, and highly recommended nanny in Canberra.
If you’ve had any experience with the directories and agencies listed below, please let us know in the comments section. Or, if you’ve worked with an absolute gem of a nanny in the past, share your story. Your real-life feedback will help our readers make an educated decision.
What Makes a Reliable Nanny?
Before we share our top picks for nanny agencies and directories, let’s have a quick look at the top qualities of reliable nannies.
When you hire a nanny, you are trusting them with something very, very important – your child or children. You want to give your kids the best experience possible while ensuring their happiness and health is well looked-after.
If you want peace of mind, look for these must-have traits:
- Experience. Yes, everyone has to start somewhere. But, the very best nannies have years of experience with young children. They’ve seen it all before and know exactly what to do in just about any situation. After all, kids can be unpredictable!
- Trustworthy. You simply cannot work with a nanny you do not trust. The stakes are far too high to take a chance on just anyone. Look for a nanny with all relevant working with children qualifications, and an agency that verifies these qualifications for you.
- Fun and friendly. No kid wants to be left alone with a nasty nanny. Opt for someone with a passion for children, and a commitment to fostering their playfulness and curiosity. They are only young once – let them make the most of it with a fun and friendly nanny.
- Reliable. A good nanny must show up on time, every time. There is no use working with someone who turns up late, or not at all.
- Skilled. The best nannies are experts at what they do. They can cook delicious and nutritious meals for your children, clean up the house quickly and effectively, and leave your kids smiling at the end of the day.
- Fairly priced. There’s no doubt about it – being a nanny is a huge job. That being said, the best nannies charge parents and carers a fair price for their services.
- Committed. If you want a full-time nanny, you need someone who is committed to the growth of your child and the smooth running of your household. Nannies have a major impact on kids, and you want that impact to be a good one.
3 Places to Find Reliable Nannies in the Canberra Region
Here are three places you can find a qualified, reliable nanny that meets your unique needs.
1. GLK Nannies
GLK Nannies is a boutique placement agency that offers a hand-selected collection of experienced and enthusiastic nannies to families in Canberra and surrounding areas.
Their elite assistance is tailor-made for each individual client and includes a range of flexible services, including childcare, cooking, and cleaning.
Discover a committed nanny for part-time (4-15 hours per week), full time (up to 24 hours per day), contract (from 2 weeks to 2 months), or casual (3 to 24 hours) work. Utilise their online booking system, or contact their friendly team directly.
2. Care for Kids
Care for Kids is an online nanny and childcare services directory, with professional nannies located Australia-wide. This time-saving service allows you to investigate, review, and connect with potential nannies in the Canberra region.
First, you search your area. You can refine your search by selecting particular qualifications (such as first aid, or drivers licence), experience (such as special needs experience, or teaching experience), language, and more.
Then, browse your matches. To view the full profiles of potential nannies, you’ll need to create a free account with Care for Kids. From there, you can contact nannies of your choice. It really is that simple.
3. My Super Nanny
My Super Nanny is a fantastic way to find passionate nannies that meet the needs of your unique family. You will have to make an account, but the process is quick and easy.
Then, you can use My Super Nanny in two ways:
- You can search for a nanny in Canberra with the qualifications and skills you need.
- You can post a nanny job, so qualified nannies can contact you.
Whichever way you decide to use My Super Nanny, you will find a perfect match.
You Experience with Nannies in Canberra and Surrounds
Have you had a positive – or negative – experience with a nanny in Canberra or surrounding areas? Share your story in the comments sections below.