Lifestyle

One great brand after the next

Centrepoint comes back to life with the Landmark Cafe

johnboy 27 June 2012 109

landmark cafe

Last year we were concerned that City Walk’s Centrepoint build was increasingly vacant.

Well it seems to be coming back to life. The Landmark Cafe putting a big service frontage onto City Walk has some real potential.

I particularly like the way the interior plays with relics of bygone ages like penny farthing bicycles and The Canberra Times.

109 Responses to Centrepoint comes back to life with the Landmark Cafe
simsim simsim 3:20 pm 14 Aug 12

Solidarity said :

Solidarity said :

There is nothing wrong with thier gay people, they’re happy, not hurting anyone, who cares.

I just don’t belive in changing something just because some a minority group keeps whinging about it.

The word marriage would apply to homosexual couples already, if a majority of Australians agreed with such a change, but the fact of the matter is that it’s not something that most people care too much about. Yeah you’ve got your redneck brigade, but that doesn’t constitute the majority of Australians.

I think you will find the majority waqnts gay coupkles to have the exact same rights as hetero couples. Its on;y the vocal minority thats against it.

Evidented by the fact that gay marriage is recognised in Australia?

So organised politics is in concordance with popular opinion now? Gosh, riot act will be quieter…

shutupmeg shutupmeg 2:22 pm 14 Aug 12

VYBerlinaV8_is_back said :

shutupmeg said :

Jim Jones said :

Comic_and_Gamer_Nerd said :

if marriage and same sex civil unions are the same, then why not call them all marriage?

Because of … because … because … children need a mother and a father …. um …. because …. the church and religion and stuff … um … stop being bigoted against me for being bigoted.

Jim Jones said :

I think this flow chat accurately describes that sentiment;

Interesting that you link to an article that systematically debunks the flowchart in question.

Eh, I googled the flowchart name and found the first site that showed it. My bad. Still doesn’t take away from the humour of the image.

Solidarity Solidarity 1:26 pm 14 Aug 12

Solidarity said :

Evidented by the fact that gay marriage is recognised in Australia?

VYBerlinaV8_is_back VYBerlinaV8_is_back 1:04 pm 14 Aug 12

shutupmeg said :

Jim Jones said :

Jim Jones said :

I think this flow chat accurately describes that sentiment;

Comic_and_Gamer_Nerd Comic_and_Gamer_Nerd 12:54 pm 14 Aug 12

Solidarity said :

Comic_and_Gamer_Nerd Comic_and_Gamer_Nerd 12:53 pm 14 Aug 12

HenryBG said :

Comic_and_Gamer_Nerd said :

If the rights they confer or protect are the same, why are you still trying to upset people?

Because its segregation.

pink little birdie pink little birdie 12:52 pm 14 Aug 12

Children need positive male and female role models. They can be inside or outside the home. Otherwise what about all the widowers who raised children in single sex parented homes? Schools and community/sports groups and the friends of the parents provide this. Most parents regardless of gender try to ensure this. I have never ever met a gay person who didn’t have straight friends or family.

Solidarity Solidarity 12:43 pm 14 Aug 12

HenryBG HenryBG 12:39 pm 14 Aug 12

Comic_and_Gamer_Nerd Comic_and_Gamer_Nerd 12:36 pm 14 Aug 12

Jim Jones said :

Comic_and_Gamer_Nerd said :

i would lol but sadly its pretty much the only answer right wingers can give whenever a simple question is asked of them.

shutupmeg shutupmeg 12:31 pm 14 Aug 12

Jim Jones said :

Jim Jones said :

I think this flow chat accurately describes that sentiment;

Jim Jones Jim Jones 12:14 pm 14 Aug 12

Solidarity Solidarity 12:12 pm 14 Aug 12

Comic_and_Gamer_Nerd said :

Why not just… stop whinging?

Comic_and_Gamer_Nerd Comic_and_Gamer_Nerd 11:39 am 14 Aug 12

Katietonia Katietonia 11:37 am 14 Aug 12

Report the discrimination to the Human Rights Commission: http://www.hreoc.gov.au/complaints_information/index.html

“The Australian Human Rights Commission can investigate and resolve complaints of discrimination, harassment and bullying based on a person’s:

sex, including pregnancy, marital status, breastfeeding, family responsibilities and sexual harassment
disability, including temporary and permanent disabilities; physical, intellectual, sensory, psychiatric disabilities, diseases or illnesses; medical conditions; work related injuries; past, present and future disabilities; and association with a person with a disability
race, including colour, descent, national or ethnic origin, immigrant status and racial hatred
age, covering young people and older people
sexual preference, criminal record, trade union activity, political opinion, religion or social origin (in employment only)”

Whether it covers “association with a sexual preference” isn’t clear, but will the owner be charged with a hate crime if the police were called over the assault?

Solidarity Solidarity 11:12 am 14 Aug 12

Solidarity said :

Mysteryman said :

Darkfalz said :

Comic_and_Gamer_Nerd said :

You are free to have opinions and beliefs, but when you start trying to push them on others is when it’s unacceptable.

Comic_and_Gamer_Nerd said :

Being against gay marriage is 100% anti gay. It’s discrimination and pure bigotry.
That’s fact, not opinion.

The irony of liberals and the way they think opinons work would be hilarious if it wasn’t also desperately sad and often times incendiary.

Telling me I am “100% anti-gay” and my thoughts are “pure bigotry” is the definition of pushing an opinon on me. So is referring to me as “ignorant” or a “religious nutter”.

If you have to resort to character attacks on the people who have opposing views to you, rather than promoting the mertis of your own beliefs, it’s a a pretty clear sign you’re losing the debate.

For me, it’s not a debate though. I have absolutely no problem with gay people trying to achieve as much be parity as they feel they need. I myself am in full support of civil unions. At the same time I’m not going to concede that I’m somehow a bad person because I believe marriage as currently defined is best for society and that kid deserve a mother and a father, and I’m not going to be shouted down or shamed out of expressing those beliefs when the subject comes up.

But thats the thing, im not pushing any opinions, im clearly stating facts.

No, you aren’t. You’re trying to pass off opinion as fact. You just don’t see that.

Tell me, if you discrinminate against somebody becuase of their sexuality, does that make you a bigot or not?

He’s not discriminating?

Do you know what descrimination means?

Civil Unions say what?

Comic_and_Gamer_Nerd Comic_and_Gamer_Nerd 10:57 am 14 Aug 12

Solidarity said :

Mysteryman said :

Darkfalz said :

Comic_and_Gamer_Nerd said :

That’s fact, not opinion.

But thats the thing, im not pushing any opinions, im clearly stating facts.

He’s not discriminating?

Do you know what descrimination means?

Solidarity Solidarity 10:48 am 14 Aug 12

Mysteryman said :

Darkfalz said :

Comic_and_Gamer_Nerd said :

That’s fact, not opinion.

But thats the thing, im not pushing any opinions, im clearly stating facts.

He’s not discriminating?

VYBerlinaV8_is_back VYBerlinaV8_is_back 10:39 am 14 Aug 12

I only believe in gay marriage when both chicks are hot.

Comic_and_Gamer_Nerd Comic_and_Gamer_Nerd 10:33 am 14 Aug 12

Mysteryman said :

Darkfalz said :

Comic_and_Gamer_Nerd said :

That’s fact, not opinion.

But thats the thing, im not pushing any opinions, im clearly stating facts.

Copyright © 2019 Region Group Pty Ltd. All rights reserved.