Culture Jamming goes too far with drug laced lollies at MacDonalds?

johnboy 26 February 2009 139

The Canberra Times reports that two 16 year old girls from Palmerston and Harrison have been charged with acts endangering health after allegedly leaving lollies in the kiddie pit at Gungahlin Maccas.

“Police allege that the two girls concealed over-the-counter, non-prescription tablets one a mild stimulant and the other a pain-killing medication inside soft lollies and deliberately left them in the children’s play area.”

The kids who took them are reportedly unharmed.

139 Responses to Culture Jamming goes too far with drug laced lollies at MacDonalds?
1 2 3 7 Next »
Auntyem Auntyem 1:28 pm 26 Feb 09

Two words – evil bitches.

VYBerlinaV8_the_one_they_all_copy VYBerlinaV8_the_one_they_all_copy 1:19 pm 26 Feb 09

If it were my kid who was affected, I’d be baying for blood.

Lock them up.

belray belray 1:15 pm 26 Feb 09

Squil said :

LSD would have been a better choice. Easier to conceal too.

Wake up idiot!!

sepi sepi 1:11 pm 26 Feb 09

Kids can only tolerate much lower doses of non-prescription drugs tho. So even apparently harmless pills could damage the liver of a toddler.

I imagine (I hope) they were only playing around and thought it would be funny or something. But stupid ideas like this could have bad consequences.

BerraBoy68 BerraBoy68 12:44 pm 26 Feb 09

Is it just me or is there a certain irony in a story about kids mistakenly eating something they thought would be yummy but was in fact harmeful to their health while at MCDONALDS?!

The girls are stupid and immature and as for punishment, they should be made to be lef tin teh care of teh parents who’s kids ate the affected sweets.

FC FC 12:36 pm 26 Feb 09

Hellspice – what I am getting at is I wonder what their intentions were, as if harm was their primary goal, I imagine they would have chosen different (stronger) drugs. Maybe prescription drugs or something. or some type of poisen even.

Skidbladnir Skidbladnir 12:33 pm 26 Feb 09

Sensationalist headline much, Jb?

hellspice hellspice 12:03 pm 26 Feb 09

FC said :

At 16 they would surely know that the “mild stimilant” and “pain-killing meds” wouldn’t do much damage to children of the age to be playing at Macca’s equipment.

yeah they were practising doctors and knew the kids wouldnt have an allergic reaction and end up munted for life

star anise star anise 11:48 am 26 Feb 09

I doubt that a couple of bored, stoned and malicious under-age truants are “using existing media such as billboards, bus-ads, posters, and other ads to comment on those very media themselves or on society in general, using the original medium’s communication method”.

Perhaps if we arm them with spray paint and a few Banksy stencils they would leave the chiddlers alone?

Pommy bastard Pommy bastard 10:47 am 26 Feb 09

There isn’t a hole in hell deep enough for these cretins to be buried in.

FC FC 10:17 am 26 Feb 09

Wow that is so strange. I wonder what the intent of the girls was.
I’ll be interested to see how this one plays out – and how it came to the attention of the police. If the children had aleady eaten some of the lollies, how did their parents find out they were poisened – I guess they may have been a lot of them there. But then unless the girls were watching at the time it would mean that someone must have seen them leaving the lollies there (perhaps McDonalds staff?))
and if this is the case then I guess why weren’t the lollies removed before a child had a chance to eat them.
It will be interesting to see how they go about prosecuting these two girls.

I dare say that because of their age they will be easier to prosecute as they will probably cave and admit guilt.

Squil Squil 10:16 am 26 Feb 09

LSD would have been a better choice. Easier to conceal too.

Whatsup Whatsup 10:15 am 26 Feb 09

I can see it now, McDonnalds will want to remove all their play areas to cover their backsides.

Where did these two girls get the idea that trying to make children sick is OK ? Makes you wonder where this will lead to in the future.

Mr Evil Mr Evil 10:13 am 26 Feb 09

If they’re into this shit at 16, imagine what they’ll be like at 21!

At least they didn’t leave peanuts lying around.

Thumper Thumper 10:05 am 26 Feb 09

Bizarre, truly bizarre….

fnaah fnaah 10:01 am 26 Feb 09

“mild stimulant” and “pain-killing medication” – so, a No-Doz and a Nurofen or Panadol, perhaps? Given the tolerance to caffeine you’d likely find in a kid who eats at maccas, the no-doz wouldn’t be an issue.

It’s still horrifying though.

hellspice hellspice 10:01 am 26 Feb 09

bring back the death penalty !!

johnboy johnboy 10:00 am 26 Feb 09

Primal said :

I never realised “Culture Jamming” was now an acceptable interpretation of “doing something incredibly f***ing stupid”.

Some would argue it always was.

Primal Primal 9:51 am 26 Feb 09

justbands justbands 9:41 am 26 Feb 09

Bloody hell…what horrid little bitches.

1 2 3 7 Next »