ACT Fire & Rescue on scene at Jervois Street, Deakin following a fire in a household oven.
Occupants were cleaning the oven with the pyrolytic cleaning feature when the oven glass door shattered and two tea towels on the oven door rack caught fire.
Minimal damage to the kitchen but oven has been destroyed.
The house was filled with some minor smoke logging which activated the smoke alarm.
Time of Emergency Triple Zero (000) call 1.00pm.
Three fire pumpers and the specialist Hazardous Materials unit attended.
Crews will shortly depart the scene.
2:18pm Monday 11 June 2012