Skip to content Skip to main navigation

News

We'll switch your business
to Led lighting for Free*

Death in Macgregor

By johnboy - 13 December 2011 5

ACT Policing in conjunction with Worksafe ACT is investigating a fatality at a building site in Macgregor this afternoon (Monday, 12 December).

Around 2:00pm, police were called to the Macgregor site after reports that a man, working at the site, had been struck by a grader.

As a result of the collision, the man sustained fatal injuries and died at the scene.

Police are preparing a report for the Coroner.

At this time no details of the man will be released.

[Courtesy ACT Policing]

What’s Your opinion?


Post a comment
Please login to post your comments, or connect with
5 Responses to
Death in Macgregor
thatsnotme 9:47 pm 13 Dec 11

cranky said :

Firstly, my sincere condolences to this gentleman’s family.

WIN news has had an item on this tragedy, reporting that the authorities are apparently determined to pin the blame onto someone/anyone. The grader has been taken away for forensic examination (???), and any witnesses interviewed by the AFP, ACT Workcover, the CFMEU, Uncle Tom Cobley and all.

Someone didn’t see someone else in high vis clothing. Someone didn’t hear a reversing beep. I hope the fact that the victim was a CFMEU rep hasn’t skewed the investigation.

Bottom line. Workmen on the ground around mobile machinery. We make it as safe as is forseeably possible. In this case we buggered up. I am sorry.

So somebody is killed on the job, and you’re bemoaning the fact that there’s going to be a thorough investigation into how it happened? If it was a member of your family, would you be willing to accept as an explanation ‘we buggered up, sorry’? Ohhh, that’s ok then, no need to investigate why the safety procedures in place on the work site failed, and a person ended up dead. No need to try to learn any lessons out of it, that may result in changes that will help to avoid a repeat on another site.

Nope, case closed, move right along, nothing to see here.

cranky 6:56 pm 13 Dec 11

Firstly, my sincere condolences to this gentleman’s family.

WIN news has had an item on this tragedy, reporting that the authorities are apparently determined to pin the blame onto someone/anyone. The grader has been taken away for forensic examination (???), and any witnesses interviewed by the AFP, ACT Workcover, the CFMEU, Uncle Tom Cobley and all.

Someone didn’t see someone else in high vis clothing. Someone didn’t hear a reversing beep. I hope the fact that the victim was a CFMEU rep hasn’t skewed the investigation.

Bottom line. Workmen on the ground around mobile machinery. We make it as safe as is forseeably possible. In this case we buggered up. I am sorry.

Ex Warrior 3:08 pm 13 Dec 11

Shocking accident and thoughts are with family and fellow workers.

Mysteryman 10:05 am 13 Dec 11

That’s very sad. Poor guy.

Holden Caulfield 9:56 am 13 Dec 11

At this time no details of the man will be released.

ABC radio this morning said he was a 45yo man from Yass.

Sad news, thoughts with his family and friends.

Related Articles

CBR Tweets

Sign up to our newsletter

Top
Copyright © 2017 Riot ACT Holdings Pty Ltd. All rights reserved.
www.the-riotact.com | www.b2bmagazine.com.au | www.thisiscanberra.com

Search across the site