News

Skilled legal advice with
accessible & personal attention

Dickson College smart asses on the bus

By 1337Hax0r - 2 May 2012 43

I had the misfortune to once again encounter the rude,  abusive, offensive and smart ass behaviour of Dickson College  students who catch the 4:30pm Deanes bus to Queanbeyan. On numerous occasions I have had to put up with their offensive and abusive language.

Today, finally fed up with it I asked “Could you please stop swearing?” To which a blonde haired girl about 16-17 years of age gave me an idiot grin and said “It’s a public bus.” I pointed out the rules on the bus which state that swearing is not permitted.

During the rest of the trip the students continued to swear, and made smart ass comments about swearing. They reffered to me several times, making rude and abusive comments. In addition, they made repeated racist comments, repeating “If you don’t like our country then get the hell out.”

What can one do though? I would have loved to plant my fist deep within their skull, but that’s kind of illegal, and well, just sinking to their level. I have written to the college about the issue.

What’s Your opinion?

43 Responses to
Dickson College smart asses on the bus
Showing only Website comments
Newest to Oldest
Oldest to Newst
Henry82 12:37 am 07 May 12

So all you had to do was make a 2 minute phone call to the school? It must have taken you longer to write this post.

childcare_worker 12:06 am 07 May 12

As a former student from Dickson College I feel a bit disapointed in the way these students are acting. I would suggest to you to let deans bus know about the situation and contact the school. I was on the 39 action bus last term and there were quite a few LHS students on the bus causing trouble as the public had reported it so the next day there was an action bus superviser on the bus who had a really good chat to the students even if they werent the ones causing trouble.

1337Hax0r 7:34 pm 06 May 12

The school has emailed me back and advised they have the situation in hand. Some one needs to tell that to the kids on the bus who still have the situation out of hand.

Sandman 7:18 pm 06 May 12

Unfortunately that behaviour isn’t limited to school kids on buses. We took the Action bus from Debacle to the Brumbies game last night and to be honest my expectations of punter behaviour were pretty low. The group of morons up the back who thought they were real funny and tough managed to shatter even my low expectations. I felt sorry for the family sitting nearby (youngest probably a 9 year old girl) who had to put up with the arrogance and constant swearing. I think I’d rather brave the Bruce Stadium car park next time than see that sort of crap.

6matt9 1:56 pm 03 May 12

G-Fresh said :

I would get out of the country.

Haha! That made me LOL. : )

patrick_keogh 12:54 pm 03 May 12

Is it just me, or do others see some dissonance in an article where a self styled ‘1337Hax0r’ takes exception at some swearing? 1337Hax0r5 are not what they used to be.

Jivrashia 12:40 pm 03 May 12

damien haas said :

I hate to be the thread pedant, but should it not be ‘smart arse’ ?

I do believe that the OP was attempting humour by using oxymoron.
(ass = donkey, or someone who is not too bright).
E.g. “These Dickson College students are making an ass of themselves.”

BelcoMan 12:31 pm 03 May 12

damien haas said :

I hate to be the thread pedant,

No you don’t.

damien haas 12:25 pm 03 May 12

I hate to be the thread pedant, but should it not be ‘smart arse’ ?

PBO 12:13 pm 03 May 12

1337Hax0r said :

PBO, your suggestion is interesting. Can you write one when you are sober or not stoned next time.

Man, it would have been awesome to write that stoned. Gimme 45 mins to go out to the carpark to think up a better response.

Ben_Dover 11:29 am 03 May 12

E-mailing a link to this story to the school with a heading “Look what a sh!tty reputation your school is getting!” would be a smart move.

Ko. 11:25 am 03 May 12

schmeah said :

“I’m going to bash the shit out of you”
PFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
“They’ll need dental records to identify you when we’re done”
PFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

Thumper 11:02 am 03 May 12

VYBerlinaV8_is_back said :

Does anyone know if the Principal of Dickson College has seen this story?

Let’s make it a Mully, then he/ she will know all about it 🙂

VYBerlinaV8_is_back 10:44 am 03 May 12

Does anyone know if the Principal of Dickson College has seen this story?

thatsnotme 10:43 am 03 May 12

1337Hax0r said :

I have not yet had a response from the high school. Maybe they could not be bothered. No need to call Deane’s, their bus driver was doing his best. The kids just regularly ignore the driver. The drivers only have so much authority, and can’t overstep it. The kids know that so they push boundaries.

Calling Deanes isn’t about whether the driver is doing his best or not, it’s about bringing up the issue with the company themselves. As you say, the driver only has so much authority, but the company has a lot more authority, and once they have a complaint from a member of the public they may decide to take action.

They could decide to put a company rep onto the bus to see for themselves what’s going on, and to have a word with the kids if necessary. They could decide that the driver is allowed to refuse the kids onto the bus. They have many more options available than the driver himself, but not if you don’t let them know about it.

Kerryhemsley 10:39 am 03 May 12

1337Hax0r said :

Judgemental?

EvanJames 10:37 am 03 May 12

Good warning to people of what they can expect when they catch a Deanes Bus.

When I was at school, the school itself would have taken strong action, but these days, the scum have all the rights and the rest of us, and the school, seem to have none.

hate to say it, but filming them with a phone and hoisting it on the ‘net would probably be the most effective measure. And it would make you feel better!

VYBerlinaV8_is_back 10:37 am 03 May 12

Mix up some silver nitrate solution and carry it with you in a drink bottle on the bus. When the kids go mental, splash them liberally…

schmeah 8:24 am 03 May 12

I once had words with kids on a bus who were repeatedly kicking my seat behind me. I asked them to stop, which only inflamed the situation and saw insincere “sorry .. I’m sorry” coming at me; one of them starting blowing raspberries on my neck and talking aggressively .. I gave them a serve, saying something about them being on welfare for the rest of their lives and stop badgering people who are just going about their business .. it didn’t matter, they just went on poking fun at me. Everyone on the bus just went about their commute, didn’t even flinch.

Sure when I was a kid or a teenager I gave my teachers a run and my parents, but I would have really learnt my place if a complete stranger told me what a waste of space I was.

I don’t think there is really anything you can do.

Deref 8:24 am 03 May 12

PBO said :

This may seem a bit extreme, but it works. I gaurantee that you will be left alone for perpetuity and those pesky kids will never say peep in your presence again…..

1st, get a stanley knife and cut yourself (this will make sense later)

2nd, rush the main student offender and grab them in a firm yet pseudo-sexual fashion and secure them in such a way that you can whisper/kiss/lick them and they cannot do anything about it (Ensure that they are well over the age of 16 otherwise this will backfire quite badly for you and you will get a rep that you do not want).

3rdly, tell them that you remember what it was like when you were their age, 10 foot tall and bulletproof. Whisper to them how lonely you are and then suggestively whisper something really dirty/disgusting in their ear like that they are going to be violated with a plunger and a trombone while you pleasure yourself with their favorite childhood toy to the soundtrack of Clockwork Orange (although the connection would be lost on the students), they will be paralysed with fear and will not notice you putting the stanley knife handle in their hand and then jump back and scream that they have cut you.

and 4thly, the bus will stop and you will be there bleeding when the cops arrive. The stunned students will already have have a bad reputation for troublemaking and there will be one of them holding a stanley knife while you are bleeding. The kids will be taken away and not believed because it sounds silly and who would go to all that trouble anyway?

When you do see them they will be quite well behaved around you from then on with only you and they being the wiser. This when you smile at the and say what well behaved little pretties they are.

😀 POST OF THE MONTH!