DIY Wotz on Guide for the weekend of 26-Jan-08

Jazz 25 January 2008 33

Yay! I love this time of year. Lots of long weekends and hot weather.

Now all i need to do is fill my gas bottle and fire up the barbie for that classic of all australian traditions – the Australia day BBQ with mates.

Dont forget its a public holiday on monday. Anything else on? Let us know if the comments.

[Ed. Gungahlin Al sent this in on all the australia day activities which start tonight]

The Oz Day website lists most of the stuff happening. The concert tonight between the PHs, bush picnic at Cotter, Indigenous stuff at the Museum, Glebe Park, Commonwealth Park, FA18s, ABC Kids concert, fireworks (going from last year, way better than NYE) for the kids 😉

33 Responses to DIY Wotz on Guide for the weekend of 26-Jan-08
sepi sepi 3:20 pm 25 Jan 08

No more servo at Watson – not for 6 months or more.

emd emd 2:20 pm 25 Jan 08

Danman to GnT: Ner pfft :P~~ 🙂
Straight to the poolroom

On the topic of Australia Day, I reckon either the National Museum’s indigenous culture family day, or the ranger guided activity on indigenous culture at Tidbinbilla, would be nice alternatives to the crowds at Commonwealth Park.

And I think the servo at Watson still fills gas bottles. Unless they’ve changed to the swap-n-go service too?

Danman Danman 12:53 pm 25 Jan 08

On that train of thought DMD all fruits have seeds – thats not to say that everything that has a seed is a fruit – take pumpkins and cucumbers for example. On that rationale – sure criminals smoke – but so does my mate and he is not a criminal. He also rides a motorbike – I guess by your rationale he is now a member of an outlaw motorcycle gang such as the Rebels or Comacheros or Banditos ? Good on ya – go and play with your wooden ghetto train set fool.

Deadmandrinking Deadmandrinking 12:12 pm 25 Jan 08

On that train of thought, and referring to an earlier thread, Danman, most criminals are smokers…

Maelinar? Maelinar?

Danman Danman 11:39 am 25 Jan 08

GnT you presumptuious scallywag – my mate already smokes – it was a comment in jest – by the way – what are the 3 most taxed items in australia – Grog Smokes and fuel – I am sure he has already paid his medical expenses – seeing he has been paying taxes since 1989 – and if not – he can use my taxable income contribution – I run instead of smoking. Ner pfft :P~~ 🙂

Ari Ari 11:19 am 25 Jan 08

Great – thanks heaps!

lisagrace lisagrace 11:17 am 25 Jan 08

Ari – we just had ours done at Camping World in Belconnen during the week for $23 Hubby says its the cheapest in Canberra, most other places are $30.

howdy howdy 11:15 am 25 Jan 08

Throw something at Ben Lee for me too. And write on the object that he should be sucking up to his fans, not the music industry : P

howdy howdy 11:06 am 25 Jan 08

The Basics are good. Gotye being the drummer in the band too…

fnaah fnaah 10:57 am 25 Jan 08

Parliament House for me, to watch Gotye and throw things at Ben Lee.

Ari Ari 10:47 am 25 Jan 08

get your mate hooked on fags … That’s the Aussie way

A la Heath Ledger?

GnT GnT 10:40 am 25 Jan 08

Way to go Danman – get your mate hooked on fags so he’ll get cancer and use our health system. That’s the Aussie way.

howdy howdy 10:38 am 25 Jan 08

Here’s a good link – there’s a wide variety of stuff on it seems:

There’s bands at Glebe park from 2 to 6pm Saturday as well – Parklive.

Danman Danman 10:32 am 25 Jan 08

yeah the fcukers !! – was usually a p/holiday around my birthday on the 19th but now its a week earlier.

Mælinar Mælinar 10:30 am 25 Jan 08

Tell him that Canberra’s stuffed up St Pats day too, no public holiday anymore.

Danman Danman 10:29 am 25 Jan 08

Citizenship ceremony @ Regatta Pt Saturday the 26th @1030.

At long last I can give my soon to no longer be Irish Mate a pair of stubbies and a pack of winnie blues 🙂

Ari Ari 10:17 am 25 Jan 08

On the subject of filling the gas bottle. Where’s the best place to do it?

Note: Getting ripped off with a half-full “Swap-n-go” job isn’t what I’m after.

howdy howdy 10:13 am 25 Jan 08

Ahg! I forgot to vote in the Hottest 100.

*Kicks Other Foot*

caf caf 10:10 am 25 Jan 08

There’s the free Australia Day Live concert tonight on the lawns in front of Old Parliament House. Starts at 5:30pm, pretty good line up too.

BattleKath BattleKath 10:04 am 25 Jan 08

Triple J’s Hottest 100 tomorrow from 10am til 6pm…

yay!