Dress Standards at Canberra Bottle Shop

bloodnut 12 February 2009 52

Just for interests sake, had the following experience at a local store recently…

Last week in the middle of a heatwave, on holidays prior to driving down the coast I walked into a franchised liquor store in Braddon and was denied service for wearing the Australian summer uniform – boardshorts, thongs and no shirt.

Was wondering if any one else had experienced dress regs at a Canberra bottle shop before…

In a fit of hypocrisy they allowed me service when I explained I would like a bottle of Laphroaig and Ardbeg to take down the coast with me.

52 Responses to Dress Standards at Canberra Bottle Shop
Dante Dante 4:07 pm 12 Feb 09

Nah it was Jackass… ‘Excuse you… excuse you!” from the checkout lady. Classic.

hairy nosed wombat hairy nosed wombat 4:00 pm 12 Feb 09

I remember a stunt they did on Jackass (or one of the many clone shows)

They found a store with a sign of
“No shirt
no shoes
No service”

So the performer wandered in, wearing just a shirt and shoes.

Ps. I prefer Cardhu

PsydFX PsydFX 3:56 pm 12 Feb 09

bloodnut said :

Dante said :

It says No Shirt No Service as you walk into 1st Choice, quick complaining.

But they served me – maybe you and your other staff should be consistent at least. I wont be spending my money with you anymore anyway.

So you’re boycotting them for being inconsistent?

jube_V8Fairlane_235kw jube_V8Fairlane_235kw 3:51 pm 12 Feb 09

Less clothes on = less places to hide gun = almost an OH&S requirement in Braddon bottlo’s?

aussielyn aussielyn 3:51 pm 12 Feb 09

Forget Jameson WMC, for the good craic try Black Bush

G-Fresh G-Fresh 3:46 pm 12 Feb 09

Lagavulan ftw

PM PM 3:41 pm 12 Feb 09

If a topless woman came in I’m sure the bloke behind the counter wouldn’t have complained.

Somewhat unfairly, if a topless bloke walked into a shop with topless ladies behind the bar he’d probably be asked to leave.

bloodnut bloodnut 3:40 pm 12 Feb 09

Woody Mann-Caruso said :

Put a shirt on, you pig. Drinking single malt (ooh, we’re all terribly impressed) doesn’t make you any less of a filthy monga. Either you’re in less than top physical condition, in which case nobody wants to see it, or you’re in great shape, in which case nobody will ever love looking at you as much as you do.

Given that your vehemence is mildly out of character WMC I will assume you are a cheap scotch reeking fatty to whom the sight of non-fatties is abhorrent. grow up.

Woody Mann-Caruso Woody Mann-Caruso 3:34 pm 12 Feb 09

I like Jameson.

neanderthalsis neanderthalsis 3:32 pm 12 Feb 09

I do love my Islay single malts. Long gone are Vat 69 and Stones of my foolish youth.

Pommy bastard Pommy bastard 3:32 pm 12 Feb 09

johnboy said :

Anyone who doesn’t bow down before Lagavulan is a fool and a charlatan.

I’ve bowed down after drinking it, does that count.

While its not a bad malt, nothing beats Laphrohaig.

johnboy johnboy 3:26 pm 12 Feb 09

Anyone who doesn’t bow down before Lagavulan is a fool and a charlatan.

But for something completely different try the Auchentoshan triple distilled lowland malt.

Pommy bastard Pommy bastard 3:18 pm 12 Feb 09
R. Slicker R. Slicker 3:15 pm 12 Feb 09

Pommy bastard said :

Laphroaig and Ardbeg? A man of some rare taste for a colonial! Add in a bottle of Bowmore and you have the makings of a quiet night in in front of the TV.

I’ve never heard of any of them. Is there some secret code I don’t know about?

Pommy bastard Pommy bastard 2:44 pm 12 Feb 09

Stainless Steel Rat said :

Lagavulan for the win, beats the laphroaig hands down!

….

I’m sorry, but you’re wrong, very wrong, you couldn’t be more wronger.

Madame Workalot Madame Workalot 2:41 pm 12 Feb 09

I’m not suggesting anything. I’m just trying to make the point that if it was someone who justbands considered was not attractive, the reaction may be somewhat different 🙂

Gobbo Gobbo 2:27 pm 12 Feb 09

Are we suggesting that people with buckteeth need paper head bags now?

I am sure a bucktoothed person can go into a bottlo and buy booze.

jakez jakez 2:20 pm 12 Feb 09

Madame Workalot said :

justbands said :

> What would you do if the guy crammed on the bus next to you decided to take his shirt off? Or when you’re going down the supermarket aisle and have to squeeze past the sweaty chick in a bikini?

a) I don’t catch buses….so that one’s easy
b) Actually, that’d be just fine. 😉

a) What, have you no environmental conscience! Gasp! (Jokes)

b) What if she was a smelly chick? What if she had buck teeth? What if she was a post-op trannie? What if she was not your idea of the ideal female specimen?

You get my point 😛

…if she was a post-op tranny then what’s the problem? 😉

justbands justbands 2:17 pm 12 Feb 09

Oh..I may not catch buses, but I do ride my bike.

& yep, I get your point. 🙂

Madame Workalot Madame Workalot 2:15 pm 12 Feb 09

justbands said :

a) I don’t catch buses….so that one’s easy
b) Actually, that’d be just fine. 😉

a) What, have you no environmental conscience! Gasp! (Jokes)

You get my point 😛