Two out of the six people arrested over the 2021 killing of Glenn Walewicz have announced they will fight their charges.
On Monday (11 July), lawyers for 19-year-old Dunlop man Reatile Ncube and 38-year-old Holt woman Nicole Williams told the ACT Magistrates Court that their clients would plead not guilty to all their charges.
Both Mr Ncube and Ms Williams have been charged with being an accessory (after the fact) to murder, while the latter was also accused of conspiracy to commit an aggravated burglary.
The two are in custody and Chief Magistrate Lorraine Walker adjourned their cases for pre-hearing mentions on 22 August.
Gary Michael Taylor, who is one of three who have been charged with murdering Mr Walewicz, appeared in the court by phone. His lawyer, Tim Sharman, asked for a two-week adjournment and the 24-year-old from Baradine, NSW, did not enter a plea.
He will next appear in court on 25 July and is also being held in custody.
Mr Walewicz was shot on the doorstep of his Mansfield Place townhouse in Phillip on 10 June 2021, shortly after a group of people knocked on his door.
Court documents say the 48-year-old had been at home with his girlfriend that night. She called paramedics for help at about 11:40 pm and he was taken to Canberra Hospital with a gunshot wound, but was pronounced dead soon afterwards.
The documents allege Mr Ncube told police he had been driving his mother’s Proton Suprema on 10 June 2021, a car police believe went through a red light at the intersection of Ainsworth Street and Hindmarsh Drive shortly after the shooting.
Ms Williams is accused of helping several people allegedly involved in the shooting to avoid arrest.
A 19-year-old Glen Innes man was the sixth to be arrested. He was charged with being an accessory (after the fact) to murder and conspiracy to commit aggravated burglary.