Skip to content Skip to main navigation

News

Recruiting experts in
Accountancy & Finance

Early breakfast goes wrong in Lyons

By johnboy - 9 July 2011 5

The ACT Fire Brigade was called to the Endeavour Gardens complex in Deloraine Street Lyons at 3:25am.

Crews arrived to find a fire burning in the kitchen of the unit and a man stranded on a first floor balcony.

He was rescued by firefighters and the fire quickly extinguished.

He was assessed on scene by ACT Ambulance Service intensive care paramedics but did not require transport to hospital.

The unit sustained fire damage in the kitchen and smoke damage throughout.

The cause has been determined as food being cooked left unattended.

The ACT Fire Brigade reminds everyone to make sure they have a working smoke alarm and don’t stop looking while your cooking.

5:59am Saturday 9 July 2011

[Courtesy ESA]

What’s Your opinion?


Post a comment
Please login to post your comments, or connect with
5 Responses to
Early breakfast goes wrong in Lyons
LSWCHP 9:45 pm 11 Jul 11

m_ratt said :

Don’t stop looking while my cooking, what?

Yup, the grammar at the fire brigade sure ain’t what it used to be. Heh heh heh, 🙂

eily 9:10 pm 11 Jul 11

“…don’t stop looking while your cooking.”

Does that mean everyone has to take their slow cookers back to the shops.

Watson 8:02 pm 11 Jul 11

m_ratt said :

Don’t stop looking while my cooking, what?

Don’t stop looking while your cooking burns to a crisp. Then run. To the balcony.

m_ratt 5:36 pm 11 Jul 11

Don’t stop looking while my cooking, what?

creative_canberran 3:37 pm 10 Jul 11

Fire extinguisher + fire blanket + common sense… what should be in every home. The first two you can pick up from any hardware store for not a lot of money. The third thing, well, that’s more problematic.

Related Articles

CBR Tweets

Sign up to our newsletter

Top
Copyright © 2017 Riot ACT Holdings Pty Ltd. All rights reserved.
www.the-riotact.com | www.b2bmagazine.com.au | www.thisiscanberra.com

Search across the site