A dental emergency doesn’t always happen within business hours, and some emergencies can’t wait. If you need the services of an emergency dentist, you’ll want one that is available, fast, safe and affordable. Dental pain can be frightening and painful, which is why you need prompt attention from a highly qualified dentist to ensure the best outcome.
In this article, we’ll outline the qualities to consider when choosing an emergency dentist, and share where to find the best in Canberra.
What makes a great emergency dentist?
Choosing the right emergency dentist can put you out of your dental misery as fast as possible with quality care.
It can be helpful to keep the following in mind when choosing an emergency dentist.
- Availability. When you’re in pain, you want to call a dentist and be treated as quickly as possible. Some dentists reserve some slots during the day for emergencies. Some are available after hours. Before you face a dental emergency, find out what emergency services your dentist offers.
- Affordability. Facing a dental emergency shouldn’t automatically mean you have to pay through the teeth, especially if your emergency occurs during normal business hours. Ask what your dentist’s fee structure is for emergency services.
- Friendly and professional. In a dental emergency you’re usually stressed and in pain, so you’ll want a dentist who is calm, friendly and professional.
- Technology. Modern dentistry practices invest in state-of-the-art technology to provide the best level of dental care, including in emergencies.
- Honest advice. In a dental emergency, you’ll want honest advice on how to fix your problem as quickly as possible. Your dentist should be open and honest about what needs to be done, on a temporary and permanent basis. They may also need to send you to a specialist.
The best emergency dentists in Canberra
RiotACT’s editorial team has combed through 20 years of on-site comments to compile a list of the most recommended businesses according to you.
To be listed in our Best of Canberra series, each business needs to have consistently received positive feedback on RiotACT and maintain a minimum average of 4/5 stars on both Google and Facebook reviews.
Weston Dentistry is a modern, spacious surgery with friendly and experienced dentists providing the best possible treatment. The surgery reserves several appointment slots each day for emergency appointments. Emergency services range from a chipped tooth to severe toothaches.
On Google, Derek Knight wrote, “Dentist and assistant had excellent bedside manner. Very patient with me and treated me like a human … Hopefully I won’t be back, but if I do this will be my first choice.”
Family dental care with a gentle touch is what patients receive at Dickson Park Dental Surgery. This family dental practice provides high-quality after hours and emergency dental care. With five dentists on hand, Dickson Park Dental Surgery also provides general dentistry, cosmetic dentistry, dental implants and more. Effective sleep apnoea treatment is also available. Open Monday to Saturday.
Jess Tsimeris wrote on Google, “Reasonable prices, very experienced and friendly.”
Civic Gentle Dental Care guarantees treatment by experienced, professional, friendly and caring dentists. Together, the four dentists on staff have more than 75 years’ experience. Using the latest dental equipment and technology, Civic Gentle Dental Care can deal with any dental emergency.
Lisa Poulsen wrote on Google, “I’m usually scared of the dentist. I’ve seen John and Tam and found them both great dentists, gentle and careful. The team is great and I will go back again.”
Providing an exceptional standard of care is what Central Canberra Dentists stands for. The clinic is modern and up-to-date. The team of Australian-trained dentists has been looking after the oral health of patients for many years, including emergency dental treatments, general check-ups and comprehensive cosmetic procedures. Several appointments are set aside each day for urgent cases.
On Google, Jeon Edwin wrote, “My anxious little children do not mind coming back. Feel comfortable throughout the visits.”
Identity Dentistry is an independently owned and operated dental surgery. With more than 40 years of combined experience, all dentists adhere to high standards of excellent care by keeping up-to-date with the latest technology. In an emergency, Identity Dentistry treats chipped, cracked, broken and dislodged teeth as well as soft tissue damage.
On Google, Betty Simpson wrote, “Anthony and his team treat young and old with respect and kindness and expertise. 100 per cent happy thank you team.”
If you’re looking for more information on dentists in Canberra, you might like our articles on the best dentists, best bulk billing dentists, best cosmetic dentists, best teeth whitening services, best orthodontists and best Invisalign orthodontists Canberra has to offer.
Your experience with emergency dentists in Canberra
Thanks to our commenters who have provided insightful feedback. If you believe we have got it wrong, please let us know.
Have you had experience with any of the emergency dentists listed above? If so, share your feedback in the comments below.