The Canberra Racing Club is thrilled to announce the launch of the Canberra Community Chest, an innovation race that will see 12 local charities and community groups racing with 12 equine heroes for their share of a $50,000 charity chest.
To be held on Saturday, 25 November, the Canberra Community Chest will be run as a Quality Open Handicap over 1400m and is worth $250,000, with $200,000 prizemoney pool and $50,000 to be shared between the 12 charity and community partners with a meaningful connection to the Canberra region.
Each of the charity partners will be invited to a Black-Tie event prior the Canberra Community Chest where a representative will draw the equine hero racing for their charity.
The charity partners:
- ACT Volunteer Brigades Association
- Belconnen Magpies Football Club
- Canberra Hospital Foundation
- Good Omen Goodeze Inc
- Lifeline Canberra
- Riding for the Disabled of the ACT Incorporated (Pegasus)
- Roundabout Canberra
- The Daniela Dwyer Foundation
- The Ricky Stuart Foundation
- Western District Rugby Union Football Club
- Win the Day
- Rise Above – Capital Region Cancer Relief (People’s Choice Award)
What: Canberra Community Chest
When: Saturday 25 November, gates open 11:30 am with local racing at 2:44 pm
Where: Thoroughbred Park, 1 Randwick Rd, Lyneham ACT 2602
Cost: From $20. Get your tickets now.