Shakespeare Down the Pub – A Midsummer Night’s Dream
Tickets only $24.30 for this exclusive one-off Pub version!
In partnership with Typica Cafe in Manuka (formerly known as Ona) and Pop Inn Wine Bar, Lakespeare & Co. presents our fast and loose, immersive, no frills version of our 2020 summer show. This style was established in 2019 with Twelfth Night’s Shakespeare Down the Pub.
This is Shakespeare unplugged. No costumes, no props. Lots of improvisation and audience interaction. Eat, drink and be merry as we run through our paces bringing language to places you wouldn’t normally expect.
This will be as close as you can get to the original Shakespearean experience as you’ll ever get!
Book your tickets here.
6 pm – Food service and venue open
7 pm – Act I commences
7:50 pm – Intermission
8:15 pm – Act II commences, kitchen closes and main food must be ordered by eventbrite
9 pm – Conclusion
Tickets and Seating
It is possible to get show only tickets but please support our partners Typica and The Pop Inn by making a purchase. Your support for our vendors helps us bring new and exciting experiences to Canberra.
Tickets cost $24.30. Book your tickets here.
We are an independent company dedicated to making great art accessible to Canberrans and supporting Canberran artists. This is not without cost. SBTL shows will always be free, and we complement them with ticketed, intimate performances which provide a different offering for Canberrans. SBTL is financially supported by sponsors and partners and our other productions like Shakespeare by the Vines and Shakespeare Down the Pub. And with less corporate support this year, we are reliant on them a little more than in previous times.
This is an exclusive one-off event with only 70 seats available. Please consider that you might have to share table space with other audience members. You will definitely have the actors in your space and sitting on your tables!
You may pre-order food via eventbrite and/or order and pay onsite. Note that the kitchen closes at 8 pm.
- Cheese board: $25 pp
- Vegetarian board: $22 pp
- Sliders: $24 pp
- Nibbles: $22-$25
You can pre-order the following bottles via eventbrite.
- Cotê de l’auberge pop rosé $42 (Barossa Valley)
- The Pop Inn’s very own rosé: A Pop Inn original collaboration with (one of our favourites) Tscharke. Inspired by the Provence style, this Grenache rosé is crisp, dry and refreshing
- Cofield NV Prosecco $45 (Rutherglen)
- Crisp and dry with baked apple and pears. A fresh zing and light bubbles.
- Penley Estate Merlot Blend $46 (Coonawarra)
- On the nose, this wine is full of dark fruits with a hint of licorice. Black currant flavours on the palate with a subtle, spicy, vanilla oak
- Kardinia Durif 2018 $46 (Canberra District)
- Elegant, dark and rich. From the first sip you can taste a hint of violet and rich berry flavours. It is an enchanting and unique wine.
- Tscharke Sauvignon 2018 $44 (Barossa Valley)
- A light, elegant and refreshing white. An aromatic wine, it is dry with citrus and stone-fruit flavours
- Kardinia Riesling $42 (Canberra District)
- A citrusy nose with a palate of lemon, lime and minerality. Fresh and zesty with a crisp acidity
You can also order by the glass onsite.
- Local beer – $8 per can
- Wine by the glass – $11-$14
It is an offence to supply alcohol to a person under the age of 18 – penalties apply.