Lynn Petersen: Small Blessings
This exhibition is the result of a multi-art form community engagement project that asks the community to consider and make an action of a small blessing. In the Centre and beyond, the project incorporates workshops, a weekly making table, live performance, an exhibition and a giving table. A series of free public programs are being held in conjunction with the exhibition.
Weekly Making Table
The community is invited to take part in a drop-in Felt making sessions happening throughout November, December and January 2024. Learn felting with Lynn Petersen and contribute to the exhibition installation or the giving table.
- Thursday 9 November – Drop-in session 11am – 1pm @ TAC Foyer Gallery
- Saturday 11 November – Drop-in session 12:30 pm – 3pm SouthFest Activity @ TAC Foyer Gallery
- Sunday 12 November Drop-in session 11am – 2pm SouthFest Activity @ Tuggeranong Library.
- Tuesday 14 November – Drop-in session 3pm – 5.30pm @ TAC Foyer Gallery
- Thursday 16 November – Drop-in session 11am – 1pm @ TAC Foyer Gallery
- Saturday 18 November – Drop-in session pm – 3pm @ TAC Foyer Gallery
- Tuesday 21 November – Drop-in session 3pm – 5.30pm @ TAC Foyer Gallery
- Wednesday 22 November – Drop-in session 12.30 – 2.30pm @ TAC Foyer Gallery
- Tuesday 28 November – Drop-in session 3pm – 5.30pm @ TAC Foyer Gallery
- Wednesday 29 November – Drop-in session 12.30 – 2.30pm @ TAC Foyer Gallery
Beyond Small Talk improv theatre show: Friday 3 Nov, from 6 pm.
Have fun with Lightbulb Improv. and go beyond the small talk and discover the joy in your (small) blessings. Watch Lightbulb transform your small stories into something magical right before your eyes. It’s an experience that will leave you smiling and feeling grateful for the joy of the small.
Share your small Blessing story:
Artist Lynn Petersen is calling for community stories and contributions exploring the idea of a small blessing and what they mean to us. Lynn says, it could be an unexpected gift – tangible or intangible, or simply something that makes you smile or feel grateful. Share and read project stories at somethingquirkier.wildapricot.org
How to Contribute:
- Share your small blessing performance or story on Lynn’s project website.
- Respond creatively to a small blessing story – contribute to a large scale community art work or make and gift a small individual item for the exhibition.
- Join Lynn and other artists in the gallery and make your own handmade treasure or gift to take home.
- Check the website or follow on Instagram for more information on how you can actively participate in the project.
The final component of the project will be a gifting day, where people can come and take an object from the exhibition.
About The Artist:
Lynn is a passionate Arts educator and advocate for inclusion of arts in all walks of life. She likes nothing more than to bring people together to collaborate on projects. These projects are built on the creativity of volunteers (including herself) to foster goodwill and develop connections between people from the Canberra Region and beyond.
Lynn is a highly qualified and experienced Arts educator. Her qualifications include a Master of Education (Curriculum) from Deakin University; Graduate Diploma (Pedagogy) from Newcastle University; Bachelor of Education (Drama) from Melbourne State College; Licentiate Diploma Speech and Drama (Teacher) from the Australian Music Examination Board. She is a registered with the Teacher Quality Institute and holds a current Working with Vulnerable People card.
Lynn is currently a sessional academic at the University of Canberra. Over the past 30 years, Lynn has taught the Arts across the ACT in schools, for the
Canberra Theatre Centre and with community organisations. She has facilitated numerous teacher professional learning workshops in curriculum design, teacher observation & reflection, and use of drama as pedagogy.
What: Small Blessings Exhibition at Tuggeranong Arts Centre
When: Exhibition showing from 27 October 2023 to 27 January 2024
Where: Tuggeranong Arts Centre
Cost: More info on the website.