ACT Fire & Rescue is responding to reports of a house fire in Sparkes Close Fadden.
The first crew on scene has confirmed smoke and flames issuing from the property.
Update to follow.
7:16pm Thursday 9 February 2012
Weekly NewsletterEvery Thursday afternoon, we package up the most-read and trending RiotACT stories of the past seven days and deliver straight to your inbox..
Firefighters have contained the fire to the kitchen of the property and quickly extinguished it.
Fire and smoke damage has been sustained in the kitchen and smoke damage to the rest of the home.
Crews are now commencing ventilation of the premises.
The fire was started by food left cooking on a stove unattended.
ACT Fire & Rescue reminds the community Don’t Stop Looking While Your Cooking.
7:27pm Thursday 9 February 2012