Skip to content Skip to main navigation

Fire at Ainslie Village

johnboy 26 November 2012

ACT Fire & Rescue has extinguished a fire in an exhaust fan at Ainslie Village, Quick Street, Ainslie.

ACT Ambulance Service also on scene supporting operations with no injuries reported.

Update to follow.

10:49 AM

Cause of fire from overheated food stuffs which ignited causing the rangehood to also catch fire at building, “Block P”.

Crews were alerted following an Automatic Fire Alarm activation at 10.25am.

Two fire pumpers on scene with the Breathing Apparatus Van, Command vehicle and the Hazardous Materials Unit.

Crews are conducting ventilation operations and atmospheric monitoring.

Fire did not spread into the roof space.

Estimated damage $3,000.

Five people were evacuated as a precaution.

11:11 AM

[Courtesy ESA]


What's Your Opinion?


Please login to post your comments, or connect with

CBR Tweets

Sign up to our newsletter

Top
Copyright © 2020 Region Group Pty Ltd. All rights reserved.
the-riotact.com | riotact.com.cn | aboutregional.com.au | b2bmagazine.com.au | thisiscanberra.com

Search across the site