ACT Fire & Rescue has responded to an automatic fire alarm call to Parliament House this afternoon.
Fire crews arrived to find a fire had ignited within the Great Hall near the front public entrance to the building but had been extinguished by on site security staff.
The fire in a curtin is believed to have been sparked by a nearby light fitting. The immediate area was temporarily evacuated.
Firefighters are now ventilating the room.
Weekly NewsletterEvery Thursday afternoon, we package up the most-read and trending RiotACT stories of the past seven days and deliver straight to your inbox..
Time of call was 1:39pm.