Fire in Garran

johnboy 22 July 2011 1

The ACT Fire Brigade is on scene at a small kitchen fire in Garran.

The Brigade responded immediately to the Robson Street unit after receiving an emergency triple zero call from a neighbour who heard a smoke alarm sounding off.

Crews gained entry on arrival and found food left cooking on a stove unattended.

Firefighters quickly extinguished the fire and are now ventilating the property.

No one was home at the time. Only minor damage has been caused to the property.

The ACT Fire Brigade reminds the community to Don’t stop looking while you’re cooking.

[Courtesy ESA]

What's Your Opinion?

Please login to post your comments, or connect with
One Response to Fire in Garran
Erg0 Erg0 4:27 pm 22 Jul 11

Or, for that matter, go off to the shops while you’re cooking.

CBR Tweets

Sign up to our newsletter

Region Group Pty Ltd

Search across the site