A bedroom at the front of a house in Kaleen has been destroyed by fire this morning.
The ACT Fire Brigade responded to the Glenelg Street property with two fire pumpers and several support crews after receiving an emergency triple zero call just after 8:30 from a neighbour.
No one was at home and the fire was quickly extinguished preventing it from spreading to the rest of the house.
ACT Fire Brigade investigators will examine the scene today to determine a cause.
Weekly NewsletterEvery Thursday afternoon, we package up the most-read and trending RiotACT stories of the past seven days and deliver straight to your inbox..
The initial damage bill has been estimated at $25,000.
9:32am Monday 21 March 2011
Update on bedroom fire in Kaleen quickly extinguished ACT Fire Brigade fire investigators have determined the cause of the fire to be an overloaded power board.
ACT Fire Brigade remind the community not to overload power boards.
2:00pm Monday 21 March 2011
- Food & Wine