ACT Fire & Rescue currently on scene at a house fire on Harricks Crescent, Monash.
Fire has been contained to the area of origin in the single storey house.
Roof of the house has partially collapsed.
Occupants safely self evacuated.
Neighboring properties were threatened but not damaged.
10:25pm Thursday 5 January 2012
ACT Fire & Rescue crews continuing to extinguish the fire in the three bedroom house.
Fire appears to have started in the master bedroom in a portable evaporative cooler.
Three fire pumpers on scene with the Breathing Apparatus Support Vehicle and a Command Vehicle.
Multiple Emergency Triple Zero (000) calls received from 10.00pm.
House has sustained extensive damage.
10:44pm Thursday 5 January 2012
ACT Fire & Rescue has fully extinguished the fire.
Crews conducting ventilation operations.
Estimated damage $200,000.
ACT Fire & Rescue will remain on site overnight to ensure reignition does not occur.
The family of a husband, wife and daughter safely self evacuated.
11:30pm Thursday 5 January 2012