Skip to content Skip to main navigation

News

Skilled legal advice with
accessible & personal attention

Fire scare on Marcus Clarke Street

By johnboy - 5 July 2012 0

ACT Fire & Rescue investigating a strong smell of burning plastic in an office building on Marcus Clarke Street, City.

Building has been evacuated as a precaution.

ACT Fire & Rescue crews are making their way to the 11th floor to investigate a possible electrical fire.

Update to follow

10:00am Thursday 5 July 2012

No sign of fire.

A faulty air conditioning unit appears to have overheated creating the smell.

The 12 storey building remains evacuated at this time.

10:14 Thursday 5 July 2012

ACT Fire & Rescue has confirmed smell was from a faulty air conditioning unit.

Staff will be permitted to return to the building shortly.

Time of Emergency Triple Zero (000) call 9.33am.

10:39am Thursday 5 July 2012

[Courtesy ESA]

What’s Your opinion?


Post a comment
Please login to post your comments, or connect with

Related Articles

CBR Tweets

Sign up to our newsletter

Top
Copyright © 2017 Riot ACT Holdings Pty Ltd. All rights reserved.
www.the-riotact.com | www.b2bmagazine.com.au | www.thisiscanberra.com

Search across the site