Lifestyle

Part of the Canberra community
for over 30 years

Flunking at overtaking

By Barcham - 21 May 2013 22

Daring!

Devil_n_Disquiz sent us this in:

This clown had already passed us on Brindabella Road between Uriarra Village and Cotter Road. He passed over double lines then too. Not only that but on the crest of a hill. If a motorcycle had been coming the other way it would have been all over red rover. I specifically mention a motorcycle as they use this road to test their Casey Stoner wannabe skills.

On Cotter Road he overtook a campervan with his usual contempt for the rules of the road.

Oh, and just in case anyone asks…taken with iPhone 4S by front seat passenger. 🙂

Cheers

Devil_n_Disquiz

Brave!

What’s Your opinion?

22 Responses to
Flunking at overtaking
patrick_keogh 2:08 pm 22 May 13

Dork said :

I’ve reported someone for the same sort of thing before (with photo evidence). Cops took my details and said they would call me. Still waiting and it was over a year ago now.
Good luck getting anything done about it. Cops don’t care.

You’ll note that the advice that I offered was to take a much more active role in ensuring that it was followed up. I developed this view after the initial non-action when I reported the near miss with a 4WD out at Wallaroo Rd. (you might remember the video on TRA late summer). If I had not followed up twice then nothing would have happened. It isn’t a matter of “don’t care” necessarily, they are flat out most of the time and it is easy for something to slip off the table. I just ensured that it was put back on the table a couple of times.

Dork 1:55 pm 22 May 13

If the police have to be threatened to do their job, it’s really sad.

devils_advocate 11:59 am 22 May 13

bundah said :

Dork said :

Good luck getting anything done about it. Cops don’t care.

If you want to dob someone in for doing the wrong thing i’d presume you’d have to be prepared to front the magistrate along with the offender to have any chance of getting a conviction.Of course that’s assuming the plod considered it serious enough to follow through with the allegation.

More generally you’d have to make it more difficult for the police to refuse to do something about it, compared with the usual alternative of do nothing. That might include threatening to go to the media (in addition to RA). Or complain to a minister or something. Make it their problem.

Martlark 10:42 am 22 May 13

Jere13 said :

That is truly frightening.

There should be more frightening advertising aka the smoking adds to wake people like this Audi driver up. Fine if people want to roll the dice with their own life (as he/she/it is going in this photo) but don’t risk the lives of others (like anyone unlucky enough to be coming the other way).

Research has shown that scare advertising just does not work.

Jere13 10:00 am 22 May 13

That is truly frightening.

bundah 9:27 am 22 May 13

Dork said :

Good luck getting anything done about it. Cops don’t care.

Dork 8:58 am 22 May 13

Good luck getting anything done about it. Cops don’t care.