Lifestyle

Part of the Canberra community
for over 30 years

Frangipanis on cars? What do we say to that?

By johnboy - 24 March 2012 41

anti frangipani sticker

Framey spotted this well put together bumper sticker near Souther Cross Stadium this afternoon.

But when, oh when, will the Australian Government turn its attention to the My Family stickers?

Got an image of Canberra you want to share with the world? Email it to images@the-riotact.com .

What’s Your opinion?

41 Responses to
Frangipanis on cars? What do we say to that?
Showing only Website comments
Newest to Oldest
Oldest to Newst
devils_advocate 3:14 pm 26 Mar 12

justin heywood said :

So creeping around a car park and sticking on violent or offensive imagery targeting kids is funny?

Might be funny to you, probably not to the family who own the car.

Only because, people who are so self-absorbed as to think people behind them care about the composition of their family; by definition take themselves too seriously to laugh at themselves.

EvanJames 2:10 pm 26 Mar 12

justin heywood said :

Might be funny to you, probably not to the family who own the car.

er, yes. And your point is?

johnboy 1:06 pm 26 Mar 12

justin heywood said :

Might be funny to you, probably not to the family who own the car.

That’s the best bit!

justin heywood 1:04 pm 26 Mar 12

Might be funny to you, probably not to the family who own the car.

TheDancingDjinn 12:52 pm 26 Mar 12

Little_Green_Bag said :

Felix the Cat said :

Pork Hunt said :

I used to work with a guy who had a “no fat chicks” sticker that covered the whole rear window of his ute.

I saw a girl driving a car with a sticker “No Fat Blokes”

I don’t know whether people are more tolerant now but in the early 2000s I bought a No Fat Chicks sticker at Summernats and put it on my car’s back window. Within two days someone had cut the word “chicks” off with a Stanley knife.

The following year I bought another No Fat Chicks sticker, this one a more professional one with individual letters. Within a day of applying it the letters had been scraped out leaving scratches on my window.

I know a bloke who put a sticker on his car window saying “Black eye for the queer guy” a few years ago. He had the sticker scraped off and a threatening note put under his windscreen.

I don’t agree with damaging anyones car, but i have seen the “no fat chicks” sticker on a holden which also happened to be dirty – under no fat chicks someone had written in the dirt ” no chicks at all buddy”

EvanJames 12:47 pm 26 Mar 12

MonarchRepublic said :

EvanJames said :

Thoroughly Smashed said :

Not too long ago I saw one car carrying a “my family” on the left side of the rear window, and a large battle tank firing at them on the right. Ultraviolence is always funny.

Indeed. Both of these (and more) can be found at http://www.creepyunkle.com.au/category/7
Haven’t seen one in person yet though. I’m curious just how much they would block visibility out the back…

I saw the Godzilla one on the back of a car at Bunnings a while back. Creepy Uncle does some good stuff, if the stickers were a bit cheaper I’d get a handful and go have some fun, adding extra children or mistresses.

MonarchRepublic 11:40 am 26 Mar 12

MonarchRepublic said :

*creepyuncle

MonarchRepublic 11:37 am 26 Mar 12

MonarchRepublic said :

EvanJames said :

Thoroughly Smashed said :

Sorry, http://www.creepyuncle.com.au/category/7
Morning coffee isn’t doing it’s thing yet

MonarchRepublic 11:34 am 26 Mar 12

EvanJames said :

Thoroughly Smashed said :

Thoroughly Smashed 11:04 am 26 Mar 12

I find that almost all bumper stickers are s***e.

Primal 11:04 am 26 Mar 12

Kahomabu said :

And I can’t find the crime against apostrophes – has it been corrected?

I am pleased to note that it has indeed been corrected.

EvanJames 10:33 am 26 Mar 12

There’s a number of activities that have sprung up in response to the vile My Family stickers. A number of businesses sell stickers you can add to them, either more kids and/or a mistress or godzilla about to fry them all. The Costco carpark is a good hunting ground.

Merle 9:17 am 26 Mar 12

Little_Green_Bag said :

Felix the Cat said :

Pork Hunt said :

I saw a girl driving a car with a sticker “No Fat Blokes”

And they say Canberra has no community spirit.

Postalgeek 8:18 am 26 Mar 12

chewy14 said :

HenryBG said :

chewy14 said :

I-filed said :

Pork Hunt said :

Misogyny is so passe …

Disliking far chicks is misogyny now?

The chicks who instruct us on misogyny tend not to be particularly trim, so you can forgive their confusion.

They must also design my phone, which auto-corrected “fat” to “far”.

Well, you can’t appreciate them in their entirety close up.

BellaK 7:03 am 26 Mar 12

lumpy said :

fabforty said :

Yes, but nothing is more bogan than stickers declaring the driver’s love of Jack Daniels, Bundaberg Rum etc

Oh… and let’s not forget “shoot ferals”. Very classy.

Better yet, the p-plater tradie who tried to hit on me at a roundabout with ‘Mud Slut’ on the back of his ute window.

Lumpy, I believe I was tailgated by the same aggressive and erratically driving P-plater in an oversized ute. He had the aforementioned ‘Mud Slut -hitting every hole’ bumper sticker on his back window.

Little_Green_Bag 4:17 am 26 Mar 12

Felix the Cat said :

Pork Hunt said :

I saw a girl driving a car with a sticker “No Fat Blokes”

Kahomabu 2:06 am 26 Mar 12

G’day from the West. A Canberra friend brought me here because she knows I love this stuff … a little bit more than I should. I used to think it was just me; so pleased to discover it’s not. Here’s some proof (www.hegemonyheights.com/bumperedition). And I can’t find the crime against apostrophes – has it been corrected?

devils_advocate 10:12 pm 25 Mar 12

chewy14 said :

I-filed said :

Pork Hunt said :

Misogyny is so passe …

Disliking far chicks is misogyny now?

Let me bring you up to speed, champ. Having a penis is misogyny now.

Felix the Cat 7:09 pm 25 Mar 12

Pork Hunt said :

I saw a girl driving a car with a sticker “No Fat Blokes”

Pork Hunt 7:03 pm 25 Mar 12

justin heywood said :

I myself drive a Prius, so I fit into several classes of wankery, except perhaps the ‘hoping to get laid’ category.

Thus the wankery classes if not getting laid or seeking to…