News

Excellence in Public Sector consulting

Gimp rescued in Reid

By johnboy 20 June 2013 31

Around 7am, ACT Policing City Patrol officers responded to reports of two suspicious men loitering around a vehicle at Bega Court, Reid. While conducting patrols around the area, police located the two men driving a white Toyota Yaris along Boolee Street.

Officers were able to visually identify the driver of the car and attempted to conduct a traffic stop, however the car accelerated away and fled police. The officers didn’t attempt to pursue due to knowing the identity of the driver.

Around 11.30am, officers patrolling the area saw the Toyota Yaris parked beneath a block of apartments at Bega Court. Officers entered an apartment within the complex which contained a number of people and located the driver of the Toyota who was subsequently arrested for traffic offences.

The driver, a 24-year-old man with no fixed abode was conveyed to the ACT Watch House.

While officers were making further enquiries relating to the traffic incident, a man within the apartment approached the officers requesting help as he claimed he was being held in the apartment against his will.

He also informed officers that he had been forced to ingest a large amount of medication and other unknown substances. An ambulance was requested and the man was conveyed to hospital for treatment.

Following further investigations, a 39-year-old Reid man was arrested and conveyed to the ACT Watch House. He has been charged with forcible confinement and aggravated robbery.

The 24-year-old man has been charged with a number of traffic offences and forcible confinement.

Both men are expected to face the ACT Magistrates Court this morning. Police will be opposing bail.

[Text courtesy ACT Policing, headline RiotACT (yes, some saddos call 000 to complain about our headlines)]

What’s Your opinion?

31 Responses to
Gimp rescued in Reid
Showing only Website comments
Newest to Oldest
Oldest to Newst
PBO 9:28 am 21 Jun 13

Antagonist said :

Nice arm waving, PBO. You are just trying to drag people away from the real issue. It is YOU that has been calling 000 about the headlines, isn’t it? 🙂

Decent grammar skills in this country are dropping to alarming levels and that, I would think, constitutes a national crisis……So yeah, mayhaps it was I, perbe it wasnt. 🙂

But I do have 3 theories as to what was going on in the apartment prior to the timely intervention by our finest “legit” white commodore drivers.

1. Dealers inner thoughts: I do think that I am pretty rockin……yeah, fark yeah I rock the peanuts hard and the bitches love me….They love me for me and not my peanuts….yeah….cause I rock…heh heh rock rock rock…thats me……Hmmmmm, If I had 2 dicks then they might like me more cause I would rock harder….heh heh heh….hhmmmmm, ,but how? hmmmmmm, I know! That dude that ticked up all those peanuts from me and now cannot pay might let me have his dick to settle the debt and I know enough about medicine and surgury because I injected a peanut 10 mins ago….hmmmm yes, thats it! I will perform an Addadictomy!

2. If someone owed me that money I would get a little testy too.

3. Peanut-driven, homoerotic, cannabilistic torture orgy brought on by being cooped up in a tiny, shitty guvvy flat for too long with no sustenance other than peanuts, It is where afterwards no-one will talk to or look at eachother because of the deep, deep, guilty shame washing over them because what they have done is becoming more apparent as the straighten up and they begin to analyse and question the true nature of their friendships.

breda 9:18 am 21 Jun 13

We have no way of knowing how many cases the DPP has to let slide, because the information is not publicly available. My source is a prosecutor.

What we do know is that the conviction rate for murder is such that, unless you are caught by TV cameras with the smoking gun or dripping blade in your hand while standing over the recently deceased, there is a good chance that you will either be acquitted or get a slap on the wrist for manslaughter. It is all very well to blame the judiciary for this, but the reality is that police evidence is often so poor that a decent defence lawyer can drive a truck through it.

I am not saying that all ACT cops are dumb, at all. But, a culture that allows gross incompetence to continue in its most public sphere, in a community where literacy is the norm, not the exception, is unlikely to be confined to the media unit.

buzz819 5:03 am 21 Jun 13

breda said :

“ACT Policing has arrested two men after locating a man who was being forcible confined in a Reid apartment while conducting investigations in a traffic incident yesterday (June 19).”
—————————————————
Shooting fish in a barrel #1074.

We all have to admire a guy who was simultaneously being confined in an apartment and conducting investigations into a traffic incident. He is definitely worth some sort of award presented by the Chief Minister.

As I have said before, the fact that ACT Police press releases are sometimes written by people who would have failed my Year 7 English class is possibly indicative of considerations other than merit at play. Who knows? Maybe they just regard basic rules of grammar and English expression as negotiable, instead taking into account guidelines on diversity, flexibility or connections.

Embarrasing as this is, in the most highly educated jurisdiction in Australia (they could pick 10 people off the street and 5 of them could do better) – what is disturbing is that this is the culture that serves up briefs to the DPP. Time and time again the DPP either can’t prosecute or is shot down in court because of sloppy, semi-literate work by the cops.

It is reminiscent of the dumb thugs that proliferated in the NSW Police in the 1960s and forward.

Why is being able to write clear, grammatical English not a requirement for preparing media releases for ACT Police?

Definitely not the best written press release.

Now breda, put your money where your mouth is, name 3 cases where the DPP had to drop the case OR the court found an alleged offender not guilty due to a “semi-illiterate” statement of facts… If you find one, let me know.

IrishPete 10:51 pm 20 Jun 13

breda said :

—————————————————
Shooting fish in a barrel #1074.

We all have to admire a guy who was simultaneously being confined in an apartment and conducting investigations into a traffic incident. He is definitely worth some sort of award presented by the Chief Minister….

What if the guy was an undercover police officer?

I really think you should phone 000 to complain about their writing…

IP

IrishPete 10:49 pm 20 Jun 13

Nice to see another parole success http://www.canberratimes.com.au/act-news/serial-car-thief-given-jail-sentence-20121211-2b879.html

Why would the police even have to argue against bail in this week’s circumstances? (As punishment for their poor standard of written English?)

IP

breda 9:03 pm 20 Jun 13

—————————————————
Shooting fish in a barrel #1074.

moneypenny2612 8:09 pm 20 Jun 13

Gets better. More via the Crimes. Best bits at the end:

“The informant said he used hand gestures to signal to police he was in danger.

“He later told police he was taken hostage by the pair on Tuesday, robbed of about $700, was stripped of his pants, had a knife held to his genitals and had been forced to take a large amount of sedatives.

“The informant said Fleet could also face more charges in relation to the car he was driving, suspected drugs found in the unit and a string of burglaries in which he was a suspect.

“The prosecution opposed bail, arguing Fleet would not reappear in court, could interfere with witnesses and may reoffend.

“But the defence said Fleet was the primary carer of his four-year-old daughter, had not been convicted for failing to appear in court, would live with his mother and abide by bail conditions.

“Magistrate Bernadette Boss accepted the prosecution’s submissions and refused Fleet bail. Both men will reappear next month.

“Fleet abused and threatened the police informant as he was lead back to the cells, telling the officer “You’re a dog. You’re gone c—“.”

Read more: http://www.canberratimes.com.au/act-news/court-told-of-penis-amputation-threat-20130620-2okx5.html#ixzz2WkVh53Gy

The Antichrist 7:51 pm 20 Jun 13

PBO said :

Wow, this seems like a good story…….I so want to know more…… Someone at Bega Court being “Forced” to take drugs as well made me laugh!

I was road-raged by a white Yaris around there about 8 months ago and I really hope that it is the same guy (skinny, wide-eyed and unfed, rat like features, far too poor to be a bogan).

I wanted to stop and give him a life lesson about courtesy towards other drivers and taste of my tennis racquet of urban justice for driving like a total peanut. I would have totally gotten away with it too because the driver was a peanut, dressed like a peanut (dirty tracksuit, cap, bumbag full of peanuts) and it looked like he was driving around delivering peanuts to other peanuts like he owned the road.

Admittedly I did worsen the situation by blowing him a kiss and yelling “Settle down precious” with a laugh and a smile much the entertainment of the truckies driving around us.

I put an end to it when I changed into his lane to forcibly slow him down and he unhappily had to deal with it, he then turned into off to Havelock House with his finger out the car and I assume it was pointed at me.

And now here we are.

thanks for your great post, made my day 🙂

bugmenot 7:38 pm 20 Jun 13

So… just so I’ve got this right…

Police know who he is and where he lives (as stated the reason a Yaris was able to get away from the police). They go to “where he lives” later to find “his” car and waddayano; he’s there too.

Yet has has “no fixed abode”. Riiiight. I guess it did rain on Monday.

Antagonist 5:38 pm 20 Jun 13

PBO 5:02 pm 20 Jun 13

dannybear said :

Martlark said :

Which one is it?

Noun

gimp (plural gimps)

1. (informal) A person who is lame due to a crippling of the legs or feet.
2. (informal) A crippled leg.
3. (informal) A limp or a limping gait. ?[quotations ?]
4. (slang, derogatory) A name-calling word, generally for a person who is perceived to be inept, deficient or peculiar
5. (BDSM) A sexual submissive, almost always male, dressed generally in a black leather suit. See Gimp (sadomasochism) in Wikipedia.

I’m plumping for 5.

Sounds like it could be the fifth considering he almost had his penis cut off.

Bring out the Gimp!

But the Gimp’s sleeping.

Well, I guess you better just get part of him then.

Comic_and_Gamer_Nerd 4:29 pm 20 Jun 13

Incredible

dannybear 3:56 pm 20 Jun 13

Martlark said :

Which one is it?

Noun

gimp (plural gimps)

1. (informal) A person who is lame due to a crippling of the legs or feet.
2. (informal) A crippled leg.
3. (informal) A limp or a limping gait. ?[quotations ?]

I’m plumping for 5.

Sounds like it could be the fifth considering he almost had his penis cut off.

Martlark 2:23 pm 20 Jun 13

Which one is it?

Noun

gimp (plural gimps)

1. (informal) A person who is lame due to a crippling of the legs or feet.
2. (informal) A crippled leg.
3. (informal) A limp or a limping gait. ?[quotations ?]

I’m plumping for 5.

thebrownstreak69 1:14 pm 20 Jun 13

Peanut, for when the term bogan is too educated, classy and considerate.

peitab 12:42 pm 20 Jun 13

schmeah said :

BEST. POST. EVER.

+100!

I plan to use the word ‘peanut’ in as many conversations as possible now. And by naming your car the ‘4WD of righteousness’, you automatically fall out of the asshat category.

p1 12:17 pm 20 Jun 13

Is this true? Have “people” (and I use that term loosely) really rang ‘000’ to report headlines of poor taste?

schmeah 11:23 am 20 Jun 13

PBO said :

And now here we are.

BEST. POST. EVER.

Let us hope that even now, memories of this encounter ruptures his peanutty hemorrhoids.

bundah 10:17 am 20 Jun 13

This would be comedic if it wasn’t for the alleged forcible confinement.Oh and as to the ACT plods intro ‘being forcible confined’ hmm yep that makes sense 🙂

PBO 10:06 am 20 Jun 13

And when I confronted him with his actions (Flashed lights and yelled peanut based obcenities) he had the peanut-induced idea that his yaris could intimidate my Silver 4WD of righteousness (Yes, I am one of those asshats), He really tried to swerve me off the road when we got onto Northbourne, he really, really tried god bless him. When he couldnt achieve his desire to run me off the road he tried to get in front and slam on his brakes, he just couldnt get in front (Thanks to you, Other curious drivers)

And now here we are.

Copyright © 2018 Region Group Pty Ltd. All rights reserved.