The Greens’ Meredith Hunter appears to have lost patience with the management of public transport in the ACT as delivered by ACTION.
“I want to see a tri-partisan approach that will allow the Minster to make bold changes to the whole structure of ACTION, including its workforce.
“All parties must agree on the need for:
– Employment arrangements that reflect the nature of running a modern public transport system
– New routes to focus on Rapid-Direct services, starting with additional REDEX routes
– ACTPLA must incorporate public transport needs from the beginning of suburb design and re-development
– The new ticketing system must roll out effectively with a cautious approach to avoid expensive system collapses seen elsewhere
– Continued infrastructure improvements
Weekly NewsletterEvery Thursday afternoon, we package up the most-read and trending RiotACT stories of the past seven days and deliver straight to your inbox..
But will all parties sign up to the same vision?