Help Fix My Cold Feet

luther_bendross 20 April 2009 33

Well it’s nearly Anzac Day and I’ve been faithfully informed that this historic milestone also marks the first day of the year that I can wear my wooly sheepskin boots down to Woolies without being labelled a sook (well, ‘sook’ wasn’t the word used, but I couldn’t find the word he used in the Oxford, and Roget’s didn’t stock a decent synonym either).  But alas, my footy woollen friends have seen better days.

Last year there was a fantastic place on Tennant St in Fysho where my better half picked up a cut-to-size pair of uggies for a decent price (<<$100), however this place has disappeared and my tiled floors aren’t getting any warmer.

Where in Canberra (and/or surrounds) can I pick up a good pair of ugg boots???  I don’t care for the brand per se, I just want to know where the best uggies are.  Has the dude from Tennant St moved elsewhere?  Should I go to Goulburn and kick a merino and hope it sticks?

Canberra, my pedal extremities thank you.

33 Responses to Help Fix My Cold Feet
ant ant 10:33 pm 20 Apr 09

Watch out for the fake rubbish they sell everywhere now (like at shoe shops). They’re not sheep skin. They’re some kind of stuff with wool stuck on.

from memory, there’s a mob co-located with Jurkewicz, opposite Bunnings and DFO (diagonally opposite), on the main drag through fyshwick. Also, there’s often a sign up in Qbn… where you leave Canberra Ave as you’re heading toward Qbn, if you want to skirt Oaks Estate and get to Crawford St… on the left just after you’ve exited Canberra Ave.

In the US, bubblegum pink ugg boots are very popular.

Kramer Kramer 10:04 pm 20 Apr 09

GG – yes some magic keywords being picked up by our advertisers. Heaps of ugg boot ads now! Even from Ugg themselves…and a quick click on their link reveals some pretty pricey boots (compared to the Big W ones warming my feet as I type) and outdoor ugg boots! Maybe just the thing for those of you leaving the house in your Ugg Boots this winter 😀

smilesr smilesr 9:57 pm 20 Apr 09

When I was last at that place in September 08 the guy said he was closing over the summer period but was going to re-open in April – not sure where he was going but I think Fyshwick still. They have a website too: uggbootcentral.com but the prices are heaps more than if you went directly to the outlet. They have a good range of styles, sizes and colours.

GardeningGirl GardeningGirl 9:17 pm 20 Apr 09

And a different ad for sheepskin boots (Emu) now that I’ve posted my reply . . . okay, I’ll stop now 🙂
Actually I’ve not heard of Emu before and my cold-prone feet are encouraging me to take a look at that site . . .

GardeningGirl GardeningGirl 9:14 pm 20 Apr 09

Yeah, that place in Fyshwick was good. I was hoping someone might be able to say where it’s gone 🙁
I personally prefer not to buy the department store imports. I saw one brand recalled a few years ago for containing polyester lining. Not that that’s my only gripe, but I thought I’d mention it to warn people to have a close look if that sort of thing matters to you. Hey, there’s an ad at the bottom for the Ugg website . . . is it one of those ads generated by a keyword in the thread?

el el 8:23 pm 20 Apr 09

The main problem with ugg boots is that
        they aren’t very well suited to breakdancing.

How is that a problem?

Isn’t it obvious?

grunge_hippy grunge_hippy 8:21 pm 20 Apr 09

i think they’re too hot too. my feet roast in them. i am more a fan of the grandpa slippers.

I was just thinking the other day, sitting at the servo waiting for hubby to fill up, i remember as a child (esp in victoria) they used to sell uggies at servos, every colour of the rainbow.

but so not for wearing in public. hello booner!

BerraBoy68 BerraBoy68 7:58 pm 20 Apr 09

My wife bought me pair of genuine sheepskin Ugg’s from Qbn for my birthday a few months ago. Now its getting cooler at night I’m really enjoying wearing them. It’s like putting your feet into a couple of fresh kittens. Mmmmm, all warm and snug…

trevar trevar 7:39 pm 20 Apr 09

VYBerlinaV8_the_one_they_all_copy said :

The main problem with ugg boots is that they aren’t very well suited to breakdancing.

How is that a problem?

VYBerlinaV8_the_one_they_all_copy VYBerlinaV8_the_one_they_all_copy 6:59 pm 20 Apr 09

RatsNest RatsNest 6:54 pm 20 Apr 09

Unless you have unusually large feet any of the department stores can sell you a good pair at a reasonable price. Got my other half a pair of genuine wool ones from bigW for approx $40 couple of years ago. got mine off a discount table at the end of winter for $10. No signs that they are wearing out yet.

VYBerlinaV8_the_one_they_all_copy VYBerlinaV8_the_one_they_all_copy 6:42 pm 20 Apr 09

I think ugg boots are actually too warm.

luther_bendross luther_bendross 6:26 pm 20 Apr 09

trevar said :

You’ve proven that you don’t understand by not reading the post.

trevar trevar 6:16 pm 20 Apr 09

I don’t understand… you bought ugg boots last year, and they’ve seen better days? What did you do? Store them in the oil sump of your Kenworth for the summer?

I’ve had the same pair of $25 Big W ugg boots for the last 10 years or so, and they’re yet to see their best day!

monomania monomania 6:10 pm 20 Apr 09

Since you will be busy checking out where Woolies have moved things to this week and won’t be looking at your own feet, wear what you like.

monomania monomania 6:07 pm 20 Apr 09

The style police!

Mr Evil Mr Evil 5:20 pm 20 Apr 09

neanderthalsis said :

Mr Evil said :

…….and a Yeti.

neanderthalsis neanderthalsis 5:16 pm 20 Apr 09

Mr Evil said :

Buy yourself some decent woollen socks and a pair of boots! Better than wearing uggies out in public.

Agree wholeheartedly. Uggboots are just the cold weather version of thongs and should never be worn in public. They make the wearer look like a shambling troglodyte cross bred with a mad sheep.

Mr Evil Mr Evil 5:10 pm 20 Apr 09

I have been told there’s someone who sells uggies at Kingston Bus Depot Markets – but that was about 12 months ago, so I’m not sure if they still do.

sepi sepi 4:36 pm 20 Apr 09

Hall markets have a great stall full of moccasins in all colours. I’m not sure if they do full ugh boots too.

Copyright © 2019 Region Group Pty Ltd. All rights reserved.