Word comes back that there’s a grotty little email about me being hawked around town.
So let’s address this head on, here’s the email in question:
- Subject: John Griffiths of the riotACT
Perhaps you might be interested to know of the following comment that what was recently posted on the riotACT website:
Why does John Griffiths store this sick disgusting image (http://the-riotact.com/~john/pix/cor1.JPG) under his personal folder on the riotACT webserver? You’ve got to seriously ask yourself what sort of person would actually save such a vile photo, you surely weren’t ever going to post it on RiotACT so why keep it. Do you get your rocks off by seeing it Johnboy? Into S&M are we? maybe you like kiddie porn too Johnboy?
Also these semi porn photos are interesting too: http://the-riotact.com/~john/pix/cor5.jpg http://the-riotact.com/~john/pix/cor1a.JPG. Intending to launch an Adults only RiotACT perhaps?
I’ll certainly see Johnboy’s future commentaries in a rather different light from now on.
So, in reply:
- 1. The first image, now removed as it has served its purpose, was the classic goatse. It was there because, in the distant past, horrible forum kiddies were using one of our images hotlinked in as their forum signature and eating up our bandwidth. Swapping the image out in our original story meant our readers never saw a change but the rotten thieving kid had his forum signature changed to the goatse. Not something we’d do today, but harmless and effective at the time.
2. The other images are from a long ago interview with the swimsuit model Corie Lee.
3. I’m slightly flattered to have upset a scurrilous muckspreader to the point they go feretting through all the sub-folders of the website. If only I knew what had upset them I’d be sure to do more of it in future.
4. This is honestly the worst thing they can dig up on me? My ex-girlfriends must have been in a kind mood.
5. If you do get this email, feel free to reply to all with this explanation. It will be much appreciated.