Hmmmph. Don’t remember electing THEM

johnboy 14 December 2010 28
by order US Government

Owen sent this one in with this note:

Just in case you are wondering how brain washed we have become, the creators of this notice had no qualms about telling us who they thought they were taking orders from.

I take objection to the words “By Order US Government”. Those words should be omitted from the notice. In my paranoia the words imply our acquiescence to a foreign power.

Got an image you want to share with the world? Email it to images@the-riotact.com

28 Responses to Hmmmph. Don’t remember electing THEM
bugmenot bugmenot 6:40 am 15 Dec 10

Forget the capital O problem…

WTF is Gms?

Giga-milliseconds? Gravity(metres(scruple))?

takahe takahe 6:41 am 15 Dec 10

So I take it that’s in an Australia Post shopfront? I thought the rest of the world was starting to loosen up a bit on security. Maybe the TSA are behind this.

tommy tommy 6:49 am 15 Dec 10

pibloktoq said :

pibloktoq said :

I’m shocked and appalled by this sign. It’s a sad reflection on the state of our society when capital-Os can still be passed off as zeros.

Well picked up.

Personally I want to know who’s responsible for approving expenditure on a fancy glossy sign that’s got a a typo on it.

Auspost outlets are franchised so it’s probably an individual effort from the store operator.

facet facet 7:39 am 15 Dec 10

Thanks to the internet, I buy and sell lots of consumer products from around the world.
I reckon the health of the local economy can be gauged by a country’s postal service.
Based upon a comparison between the US and Chinese postal service, I would say the USA is stuffed.
Hasta la vista Pax Americana.

dtc dtc 10:09 am 15 Dec 10

I suspect its someone reacting to the 15th (or 50th) complaint being made about the ridiculous postage fees being charged and how Aust Post is ripping them off and stuff like that. Get a sign, it makes sense, shut people up

Me no fry Me no fry 10:24 am 15 Dec 10

facet said :

Hasta la vista Pax Americana.

Pax Americana? That’s rich. America has to be one of the most belligerent and warlike nations that has ever existed. But of course that’s how they’ve maintained the pax.

If they continue to run their own country in such a way that it impacts on the rest of the world then the least they can do is allow us to vote in their elections.

I suggest the Americans take their stupid TSA and the Patriot Act and shove it up their collective arse.

astrojax astrojax 11:33 am 15 Dec 10

i’m just confused as to why the americans think a $9.00 (or nine OO) surcharge will dissuade terrorists from sending their contraband or terror devices – how much does it cost to send a few operatives to america to train to fly commercial jets and then buy a ticket? like, a tenner is hardly going to make the terrorists go ‘oh my allah, those yanks have got me. damn, damn damn’ and slink away to their cave and attack england instead…

p1 p1 3:48 pm 15 Dec 10

astrojax said :

Nah, the 9.Oo$ pays for a illegal Mexican immigrant to open the parcel, thumb through the contents and put it back in the envelope. Anything which is a threat to das Vaterland will be confiscated.

Region Group Pty Ltd