Fashion

We mean business
Contact us today to get results

I need a plus sized model for an indie photo-shoot.

By Pooks - 3 April 2012 80

Help!

I need a lovely  female model to help me shoot some indie clothing, Preferably size 12-14. Experience is not required!

I’m a female photographer. It will be on a volunteer basis, however a keepsake CD of images will be included.

Can anyone help, or offer any suggestions on where I should be advertising?

Thanks Rioters.

What’s Your opinion?

80 Responses to
I need a plus sized model for an indie photo-shoot.
Showing only Website comments
Newest to Oldest
Oldest to Newst
Pooks 7:14 pm 03 Apr 12

jonquil14 said :

Put an ad up on OffPrompt, the local audition noticeboard site http://offprompt.stagecraft.cx

Heck, I’m size 12-14, I’ll do it.

Er, if I’m pretty enough/the right ethnicity etc…

You look stunning. Please email me and I’ll give you more info. 🙂

Pooks 7:13 pm 03 Apr 12

I’m a size 12 myself and believe in being healthy and happy, whatever size you are.

I was attempting to be reasonably professional in my advertisement. Let me try again;

“Slightly unhealthy binge drinker of wine/photographer who happens to be a size 12 herself is seeking a nice/friendly/beautiful-inside and out woman who enjoys wearing vintage clothes in front of a camera.

I currently have a nice/friendly/beautiful lady who models for me and happens to be a size 8.

Amazingly, Clothing is made in many different sizes.

I have already procured a model for my clothing sized 8 to 10, thus I am looking for a woman who is a size known as ‘Plus sized” in the fickle, bullshit world of size 6-8 models. PS. In no way, shape or form do I endorse the label ‘Plus sized.”

Please email opshoppers@gmail.com for more information

Evil_Kitten 5:59 pm 03 Apr 12

dreamboat said :

Jonquil14, who mentioned ethnicity??

No one. That’s why she said “if”.

Duffbowl 4:11 pm 03 Apr 12

At this point, I have realised that I failed to make my points sufficiently and therefore unreservedly apologise and withdraw.

dreamboat 3:24 pm 03 Apr 12

With you carnardly, how’s that for a confidence fix!!!!

dreamboat 3:16 pm 03 Apr 12

Geoffappleby, they call them ‘seniors moments’ that’s why you would think we were all the same!!!

carnardly 3:11 pm 03 Apr 12

yup – imagine rocking up saying hi – i’m size 12, but then they say you’re butt ugly with a face like a seedless watermelon dropped off the top of rydges lakeside….

dreamboat 3:02 pm 03 Apr 12

Jonquil14, who mentioned ethnicity??

jonquil14 2:43 pm 03 Apr 12

Heck, I’m size 12-14, I’ll do it.

Er, if I’m pretty enough/the right ethnicity etc…

geoffappleby 2:13 pm 03 Apr 12

Lillypilly said :

Ruh roh. I know of this name also! *cough*BBS*Cough*

Jeebers, it’s like a termite infestation, you keep all appearing from out of nowhere.

Actually, _really_ similar to termites. You all look the same and I have no idea who you are 😛

That’s not your fault however. I’m old now, and I’m losing my memory.

aceofspades 2:11 pm 03 Apr 12

Did somebody step on an estrogen button???

HenryBG 2:08 pm 03 Apr 12

Ben_Dover said :

Dear god! You’d think the feminazi’s would be grateful someone was giving a fat bird a chance to do some modelling.

That one deserves pay.

xperfect_darkx 1:41 pm 03 Apr 12

Duffbowl said :

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahaha

*breathes*

And then people wonder why women have issues when they are being called “plus-size” in what is the average Australian dress size. I’m still trying to comprehend what’s attractive about anything under size 12-14. If I wanted a woman with the boy of a young teenaged boy…

Miranda Kerr is I believe a size 8 now after having her kid, ’cause there’s nothing attractive about her at all. So some women are naturally a size 12+ and they look great, doesn’t mean just because you’re under a size 12 you have the body of a boy and can’t look just as good as a now ‘average’ Australian girl.

Ben_Dover 1:38 pm 03 Apr 12

Malteser 1:35 pm 03 Apr 12

POOKS – try modelmayhem.com
Search for Canberra. Lots of local creative talent.

NsEs 12:56 pm 03 Apr 12

For god sake people, did you see the word “model” she is asking for a model and yes if the model is between that size range 12-14 is a plus size model.

P.S and nothing wrong with plus size models, they just appeal to other difference markets

poetix 12:52 pm 03 Apr 12

astrojax said :

to answer the op – when i was doing photography i went in to some of the funkier salons and was always able to source models from among their clientele; they usually have their clients model for them at hair shows, and these women (invariably, they’re women) are not at all of the usual ‘model’ dimensions, so should be excellent for your needs. try axis on barry drive, or next on mort st for starters…

or hang out in the store from where the clothing is available (or similar clothing) and simply ask if customers are interested. you can only ask…

And the fact that the OP is female may prevent her from seeming too overwhelmingly sleazy. ‘Hi, nice haircut. Are you size 14? Thought so. Are you interested in doing some modelling?’

astrojax 12:47 pm 03 Apr 12

dreamboat 12:23 pm 03 Apr 12

I agree DJ Mac, height does come into it but most Australian women aren’t overly tall, they seem to be getting taller though but for us that are shorter and smaller, size 12-14 makes us look like little bubbles.

Oh and the comment we are straight up and down may be the case for young girls but if you went looking (little women) have the curves as well.

Lillypilly 12:17 pm 03 Apr 12

VYBerlinaV8_is_back said :

geoffappleby said :

VYBerlinaV8_is_back said :

geoffappleby said :

Yah, I was going to ask the exact same thing – since when is size 12 plus sized?

I’m seriously disgusted.

Is that you, satancow?

Now there’s a name I’ve not heard in ages! So…yes, but not any more? 🙂

Cheers. I’ll try to find a way to contact you through alternate channels.

Ruh roh. I know of this name also! *cough*BBS*Cough*