Illegal Dumping

Matthew 24 January 2008 122

We all are victims of illegal dumping, whether you have hired a skip yourself and found it full by the time you got home from work, or just the bags of rubbish blowing throughout the bush. Some of us even see the illegal dumping in our waterways and the sea itself.

Today however an illegal dumper got caught, the photo’s are here:

The culprit.

The rubbish.

The act itself.

The rego.

The wife and dog.

[Ed – Matthew even sent in an image of an address on one of the packages dumped, which we have decided not to run. Does anyone know who you contact if you have a complaint regarding illegal dumping? Matthew have you done this or are you happy just to shame them on Riot?]

122 Responses to Illegal Dumping
Mælinar Mælinar 10:23 am 25 Jan 08

TAGLINE I have several mail boxes at home with someone else’s address on them, just because they are reusable and handy to carry things home in – Comment by howdy January, 2008

Mr Evil Mr Evil 10:25 am 25 Jan 08

Seconded!

howdy howdy 10:51 am 25 Jan 08

Anyone in support of posting the address, post your own. Ready, GO!

howdy howdy 10:53 am 25 Jan 08

Oh yeah and when I rob houses I find mail boxes are quite handy. But I don’t want to punish my victims further by illegally dumping them. That would be mean : )

gladbag gladbag 11:43 am 25 Jan 08

Yesterday morning, I took my kitchen refuse, put it in my car meaning to drop it in my bin at the entrance to my property. Anyway, the usual routine follows – late for work, getting all the children off to childcare issues rush rush rush. Anyway, I get to work and realise I still have the kitchen refusebag in my car, so I sneakily snuck out to the back of the office and chucked it in the office skip, (as a bag of rubbish lying in a hot car for a day gets scary))
Well, when I saw the headline I really thought I was seriously busted – thank goodness it was some other poor bugger and not me. I can just imagine trying to lecture the kiddies in future, with responses such as ‘Yeah mom but you’re an illegal dumper…’

Mr Evil Mr Evil 11:49 am 25 Jan 08

Mom? Are you American?

neanderthalsis neanderthalsis 12:29 pm 25 Jan 08

As Kenny said “Has anyone phoned the Queen and told her what they have done to her language.”

Mr Evil Mr Evil 12:32 pm 25 Jan 08

“A little part of me dies every time I hear / see the word MOM used by an Australian. It is most unfortunate that so many American terms and incorrect modes of spelling have crept into the Australian vernacular.”

Listen to “I Still Call Australia Ho”

howdy howdy 1:47 pm 25 Jan 08

Ah, here you go, someone was shot for no ‘good reason’ yesterday too.

sjp sjp 2:48 pm 25 Jan 08

Gee his friend sounded really upset LOL. “Glad it was him not me”

Bludger Bludger 4:32 pm 25 Jan 08

Comment by You — 24 January, 2008 @ 11:24 pm

I agree. Whoever put the pics up is nosey. Don’t you have better things to do with your time, then stand at the window garding someone else’s skip? And I’m sure this isn’t the first time you’ve done something like this. I can imagine you recording how long people shower for or on what days they are watering their plants.

By the looks of things they can’t afford to pay to dump at the tip, at least they weren’t dumping at a reserve or on your front lawn. Then you go a step further and dob them into ACT rego… Give them a break.

Ari Ari 4:49 pm 25 Jan 08

And here’s the result of another unfortunate to a minor neighbourhood disagreement.

I’m on the side of those wishing RiotACT would tone down some of the vigilante tendencies that have crept in of late.

Sure it’s great to debate/sling abuse or whatever on the net, but posting this bloke’s address is wrong.

There’s an established RiotACT policy not to allow private telephone numbers (for obvious reasons) to be posted, so what’s the rationale behind allowing someone’s address on here?

howdy howdy 5:05 pm 25 Jan 08

Riot act left the address link out but unfortunately the link is still accessible through Matthew’s photo page. Although it was brought to our attention by Riotact that it existed so a few of us went for a looky – not the intention of Riot admin that we would do this though. It anything happens it’s pretty much on Matthew’s conscience…

howdy howdy 5:07 pm 25 Jan 08

RiotACT : P

Ari Ari 5:08 pm 25 Jan 08

Unfortunately Matthew seems like a bit of a zealot (in a worthy cause, admittedly), and they are not well known for subordinated compassion to whatever cause they are espousing.

Ari Ari 5:10 pm 25 Jan 08

… sorry that should have read “subordinating their cause to compassion”.

el ......VNBerlinaV8 el ......VNBerlinaV8 5:28 pm 25 Jan 08

Sorry, but this is complete shit.

No-one knows for certain that the mail item with the address on it even belongs to the people who dumped the stuff.

mikey mikey 5:32 pm 25 Jan 08

Gee, I thought this post about an illegal dumper being caught would reveal some evil sort unloading barrels of toxic waste into the lake or somebody trashing a public park. Not some bloke chucking some junk in a skip. Good grief.

Skidbladnir Skidbladnir 5:35 pm 25 Jan 08

Its not actually “illegal” anyway, just annoying.

gladbag gladbag 5:42 pm 25 Jan 08

@ neanderthalsis & Mr Evil – Apologies – ex SethEfrican, haven’t quite picked up entire Oz diction yet.

Region Group Pty Ltd