Images of Canberra – Well someone had to do it.

By johnboy 13 November 2008 38

This one’s from the fence around the huge hole in the ground where the Civic Greater Union cinema used to be.

This was old when God was a boy. But it’s nice to see the memory remains.

Got an image of Canberra you want to share with the world? Email it to images@the-riotact.com

What’s Your opinion?

38 Responses to
Images of Canberra – Well someone had to do it.
Showing only Website comments
Newest to Oldest
Oldest to Newest
Granny 1:18 pm 13 Nov 08

I have also been fascinated by Prout since childhood.

Die Lefty Scum 1:14 pm 13 Nov 08

I wonder where Canberra’s oldest surviving graffiti is?

I remember the laneway near Bladed Menswear in Civic had some political graffiti which was there for a long long time until it was eventually painted over not that long ago. Something along the lines of “Prout’s ____ is society’s panace”. Perhaps someone can fill in the blanks? I’m too young to remember who Prout was. Nor could I tell you the definition of “panace” for that matter.

ant 12:14 pm 13 Nov 08

Ari said :

If Bill does send a cease and desist letter to the-Riotact, he’ll probably slap 20 copies side-by-side on Johnboy’s front door with lashings of wallpaper paste.

heh!

Granny 11:58 am 13 Nov 08

You’re right, caf! I bet there are subliminals in there as well ….

: )

Ari 11:42 am 13 Nov 08

caf 11:34 am 13 Nov 08

Granny, it’s hardly your fault that you’ve been subconsciously turned against Mr Posters by The Man’s relentless propaganda campaign!

Granny 11:19 am 13 Nov 08

Gosh! Lots of them might sue me!!

*chuckle*

bubzie 11:12 am 13 Nov 08

Granny said :

There may even be a Bill Posters!! I should Google him ….

*hehe*

There’s quite a few of him on facebook! 🙂

Skidbladnir 10:14 am 13 Nov 08

Huzzah, now fixed.

Ari 10:14 am 13 Nov 08

Skidbladnir said :

I sense a word is missing.

Just read “this” instead of “the”.

Skidbladnir 10:10 am 13 Nov 08

I sense a word is missing.
Editorial typos (and glaring problems in articles, Jb knows what I’m like) just get my goat.

Granny 10:05 am 13 Nov 08

I love the Images of Queanbo feature!

Tracker 9:58 am 13 Nov 08

Skidbladnir said :

Jb, maybe i’m suffering an elderly moment, but what does the sentence “The was old when God was a boy.” actually mean?

As in, it’s a really quite lame thing to write, because people have been doing it forever. God was a boy a very, very long tome ago.

ant 9:56 am 13 Nov 08

There’s a road sign in Crawford St, Qbn, that always amuses me. It’s a roadwork sign with the stick-man digging, and someeon’s written below it “free dirt”. If I ever carry my camera there I’ll get a pic, for the regular Images of Queanbo feature.

Granny 9:23 am 13 Nov 08

Good point, Ari! … *chuckle* … There may even be a Bill Posters!! I should Google him ….

*hehe*

Ari 9:19 am 13 Nov 08

Granny said :

Personally, I’m not so sure that Bill Posters is innocent ….

As with so many threads on Riot-act, just be mindful of the defamation laws before commenting.

Skidbladnir 9:19 am 13 Nov 08

wishuwell 9:17 am 13 Nov 08

Ive known Bill for a while now and have always thought of him as being a bit dodgy.

Granny 8:41 am 13 Nov 08

Personally, I’m not so sure that Bill Posters is innocent ….

Copyright © 2019 Region Group Pty Ltd. All rights reserved.