Business

Beyond the expected

Impactednurse shut down.

By ricotta - 12 August 2011 21

mully cup

On Tuesday Ian Miller’s blog impactednurse.com together with his Twitter entry were removed due to problems with his employer (The Canberra Hospital).

The blog had attracted more than 2000 subscribers worldwide and was universally praised for its informative advice to the nursing profession and for its skilled and compassionate attitude to the profession.

As such it must have reflected positively on the Emergency Dept at TCH and one is left wondering what sort of pressure was brought to bear to have the page censored so conclusively.

I am sure that many many of his followers are upset at this action and would like to voice their feelings but alas there is now no forum to do so.

Perhaps there are some local nurses who would like to take up the issue through these pages?

[ED – Ian Miller is a past recipient of the Mully Cup]

What’s Your opinion?

21 Responses to
Impactednurse shut down.
tidalik 3:17 pm 14 Nov 11

Impacted nurse is back!

milkman 8:41 pm 13 Aug 11

Skidbladnir said :

This is a loss.
And sadly, not everything is in the Internet Wayback Machine Archive.

Dude – I’m in love with you! I just managed to use the wayback link to download 4 pdfs of (then) unpublished work by my favourite author!!

wobblewax 2:42 pm 13 Aug 11

Hi all,
Ian Miller here (aka impactednurse).
A heartfelt thankyou to everyone who has had something encouraging or constructive to say on this (or the ‘corker from impactednurse’) post.

For the record: I was not ‘forced’ to close down impactednurse. But it did become a very wise thing to do.
I will continue to dip my thoughts in ink on non medical related stuff over at wobblewax.com.

To those who have in the past made defamatory, and derogatory comments about my professionalism or capability as a nurse from behind their shields of anonymity, I invite you to step out of the shadows and repeat them.

And to ‘waiting for godot’…..thats MR (or even SISTER) bozo to you.

Licoriche 8:51 am 13 Aug 11

Sorry to hear it’s gone. I’m sure Ian will put his skills and experience to something else, equally as popular.

Skidbladnir 2:01 am 13 Aug 11

This is a loss.
And sadly, not everything is in the Internet Wayback Machine Archive.

Thumper 12:24 am 13 Aug 11