Quick action by a Kaleen resident has helped prevent a large fire in the suburb this afternoon.
The man heard a smoke alarm sounding in his neighbours home and rang emergency triple zero (000).
The ACT Fire Brigade responded immediately to the Blythe Crescent property.
Firefighters gained access and extinguished the fire located in the kitchen, preventing it from spreading to other parts of the house.
No one was home at the time. The cause will be investigated.
The fire damage was contained to the kitchen but the remainder of the property has been smoke damaged.
1:10pm Saturday 18 June 2011
NewsOver 20 years of trusted service
Plumbers available 24/7
02 6297 2022