ACT Fire & Rescue are on scene at a fire in a kitchen on Trussell Place, Kambah.
Fire has been extinguished.
Time of Emergency Triple Zero (000) call 1.00pm.
Update to follow.
Weekly NewsletterEvery Thursday afternoon, we package up the most-read and trending RiotACT stories of the past seven days and deliver straight to your inbox..
ACT Fire & Rescue are about to commence air monitoring and ventilation operations.
A passer-by noticed smoke and flames from the house. After gaining entry through the front door, the passer-by crawled through the house to rescue an elderly male from the house and started to extinguish the fire with a garden hose.
ACT Fire & Rescue arrived to fully extinguish the fire.
ACT Ambulance Service intensive care paramedics are also on scene and have assessed one patient for smoke inhalation. Transportation to hospital is not required.
Extensive damage contained to the kitchen and hallway.
Cause of fire food stuffs cooking on a stove.