How will the reign of Katy Gallagher as Chief Minister of the ACT be viewed by History? What will be her Legacy?
Granted, what one person sees as a positive, another may see as a negative depending on how it affects them and whether they can see (or they care about) all the benefits, negatives and costs.
On the positive side that I can see, Katy Gallagher gets ticks for:
- Being a good leader. Projection of “self” is great and is a vocal advocate for the ACT.
- Determined and hard working.
- The ACT public school system – I think its great.
From my viewpoint, these are what I see as the negatives – how Katy Gallagher will leave the ACT:
- The mess the ACT public hospital system appears to be in.
- Continual degradation of municipal services.
- What seems to be a looming debacle over the ACT Govt rules for Mr fluffy buy back/compo.
- Up to tripling of Annual Rates.
- Unnecessary Light Rail (at least at this point in time).
- Many more MLAs and associated cost to Ratepayers.
- ACT budget deeply in the red and getting much worse.
- Blow outs in infrastructure project costs.
- More Public Private Partnerships creating a fiscal drain on a comparatively small but well heeled revenue raising base for decades to come.
In my view, I think its a pretty lob sided scoreboard.
Other may have a different view……..?