Kitchen fire in Gowrie

johnboy 1 February 2012 3

ACT Fire & Rescue on scene at a house fire on Castleton Crescent and Coningham Street, Gowrie.

Fire has been extinguished.

Firefighters forced entry to the home and found nobody inside.

Fire started on a stove with food stuffs left cooking unattended.

Minor damage with fire contained to the kitchen area. The three bedroom home sustained smoke logging.

Firefighters also on scene rescued a cat from the home to safety during firefighting operations.

Crews currently conducting air monitoring operations.

Three fire pumpers on the scene with the Breathing Apparatus Van, the specialist Hazardous Materials Unit and a Command Officer.

ACT Ambulance Service also on scene supporting operations with no injuries reported.

Time of Emergency Triple Zero (000) call 5:04pm

[Courtesy ESA]


What's Your Opinion?


Please login to post your comments, or connect with
3 Responses to Kitchen fire in Gowrie
Filter
Order
danggers16 danggers16 5:08 pm 02 Feb 12

thatsnotme said :

danggers16 said :

I didnt not see any smoke

So…you did see smoke?

No

thatsnotme thatsnotme 10:10 pm 01 Feb 12

danggers16 said :

I didnt not see any smoke

So…you did see smoke?

danggers16 danggers16 9:06 pm 01 Feb 12

i drove past this I didnt not see any smoke though but it was full on street blockage

CBR Tweets

Sign up to our newsletter

Top

Search across the site